Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look through list of Northern Irish, Scottish and English free agents on transfermarkt.co.uk and seen that Andy Little, Ryan Dow, Paul Heffernen and Reuben Reid are strikers without clubs at the minute.

Not that we need another striker but it seems that there are good ones available.

Just had a look through list of Northern Irish, Scottish and English free agents on transfermarkt.co.uk and seen that Andy Little, Ryan Dow, Paul Heffernen and Reuben Reid are strikers without clubs at the minute.

Not that we need another striker but it seems that there are good ones available.

Which one of those strikers is good?

4 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

transfermarkt is good for squad lists and stats however it isn't reliable for keeping up on who are free agents, it has a tendency to list players who are retired or playing in non league football. Having Paul Heffernan in your list?? You do realise he's 34 and was released by Dumbarton at the end of last season? And as for Andy Little???

We can do much much better than that.

41 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

I see Larnell Cole is listed as a midfielder. Anyone know if he's central or more of a winger type?

Mainly plays as a winger but can play as an attacking midfielder. He's small, pacey and has bags of tricks according to the press. Gives us something different from what we already have.

16 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Mainly plays as a winger but can play as an attacking midfielder. He's small, pacey and has bags of tricks according to the press. Gives us something different from what we already have.

We already have that in Mulraney I would say although he has been quite inconsistent. Would be interesting to see if he is played behind the striker where we don't really have any creative skillful types of players. Draper has done well there this season but is a different beast of course. Vigurs hasn't exactly done much there, Doran (who I think could be a shout in that role) isn't up to seed yet although I have wondered if Polworth could do us a turn there.

Regardless, it's a relatively low risk signing so we'll see how he gets on.

Speaking of transfermarkt they have us as having the oldest average squad in the league at 27 and County also on 27 but with one less player in the squad. Kilmarnock are still the youngest again at 22.8. I'm sure last season St. Johnstone had the oldest squad in the league so it looks like the average age of a player in this league is falling and more and more teams are relying on younger and younger players.

Biggest squad is Hamilton with 33 ??? Celtic second on 30. Ourselves and County have the smallest squads with 20 and 19. County look really short of players if you assume you need around about 23 to 24 players in your squad to cope with a season at this level. Partick Th, Aberdeen and Motherwell also are below 23 players in their squads.

So it would be safe to assume our dealings in bringing in new players are not over.

47 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Biggest squad is Hamilton with 33 ??? Celtic second on 30. Ourselves and County have the smallest squads with 20 and 19. County look really short of players if you assume you need around about 23 to 24 players in your squad to cope with a season at this level.

I don't think you necessarily need to assume that.  McIntyre's talked about wanting to run with a squad of 20.  I think you can assume he'll bring one, maybe two, in on free transfers in the coming weeks.  But you really don't need 23 or 24 senior players in the squad.  19 or 20, supplemented with development squad players if necessary, should be fine for a standard Premiership league campaign.

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

Speaking of transfermarkt they have us as having the oldest average squad in the league at 27 and County also on 27 but with one less player in the squad. Kilmarnock are still the youngest again at 22.8. I'm sure last season St. Johnstone had the oldest squad in the league so it looks like the average age of a player in this league is falling and more and more teams are relying on younger and younger players.

Sevco have Clint Hill who's 37 and a host of other Dad's Army types, would've thought they'd be the oldest by far.
Are they only counting clubs that are over 5 years old? :angel

41 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Sevco have Clint Hill who's 37 and a host of other Dad's Army types, would've thought they'd be the oldest by far.
Are they only counting clubs that are over 5 years old? :angel

I was looking at that last night and they were before signing Senderos sitting on an average age of just over 25 now that has gone up to 26.7. They have 16 players at the age of 25 or younger. 25.5 being the average age of all the Premiership squads together. I've noticed St. Johnstone have joined us on the 27 mark as well since last night. Interesting to note we have the least number of Scottish players in our squad than anyone.

I don't think they have adjusted our average yet and they haven't added Brad Mckay to their squad list so I would think it would have gone down slightly and with Scott Boyd away on loan to Kilmarnock this will probably return St. Johnstone to the top yet again with having the oldest squad in the league.

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

I was looking at that last night and they were before signing Senderos sitting on an average age of just over 25 now that has gone up to 26.7. They have 16 players at the age of 25 or younger. 25.5 being the average age of all the Premiership squads together. I've noticed St. Johnstone have joined us on the 27 mark as well since last night. Interesting to note we have the least number of Scottish players in our squad than anyone.

I don't think they have adjusted our average yet and they haven't added Brad Mckay to their squad list so I would think it would have gone down slightly and with Scott Boyd away on loan to Kilmarnock this will probably return St. Johnstone to the top yet again with having the oldest squad in the league.

You need to get out more! :P

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Exclusive-Caley-Thistle-offer-Josh-Meekings-new-two-year-contract-05092016.htm

Good to see some contract offers being handed out already. Would love for Meekings to stick around a bit longer but surely there's only so long we can hold on to the guy? He's a fantastic defender.

Doesn't sound so good about Tansey though. The wanting to concentrate on his football is usually code for I won't be singing a new extension. Hopefully his mind can be changed though or at the very least he doesn't end up at Aberdeen.

Archived