Hapless XI

Jamie Barclay - in addition to the well-known blunders, he let in 2 Andy Barrowman goals in 1 game at Cliftonhill

Jonathan Tiffoney - incompetent and petulant as always, surely a stick-on for the Juniors next season

Jason Talbot - vicious thug

Pat Scullion - think there's a reason why Clyde played him up front

Stuart Malcolm - past it

Caolan McAleer - was supposed to be the next big thing but was the weak link in Airdrie's attack in the first half of the season

Carlos Mazana-Martinez - not sure if I was just expecting more just because of the name, but he's been rubbish when I've seen him

Ricardo Talu - a big ox and decent tackler, but when on the ball "hapless" describes him quite well

Alan Trouten - in July would have been a tip for a POTY nomination but has had his worst season in years

Andy Barrowman - injured for long spells but there's no denying that he's had a disappointing season

Gavin Swankie - another who hasn't lived up to expectations; should have been looking at double figures but has had a bad year

Manager: Gary Bollan - managed two teams expected to push for the promotion play-offs and bombed at both.

I wouldn't say bollan has bombed at us , we were without a win in 17 when he arrived and are now on an unbeaten run

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie Barclay - in addition to the well-known blunders, he let in 2 Andy Barrowman goals in 1 game at Cliftonhill

Jonathan Tiffoney - incompetent and petulant as always, surely a stick-on for the Juniors next season

Jason Talbot - vicious thug

Pat Scullion - think there's a reason why Clyde played him up front

Stuart Malcolm - past it

Caolan McAleer - was supposed to be the next big thing but was the weak link in Airdrie's attack in the first half of the season

Carlos Mazana-Martinez - not sure if I was just expecting more just because of the name, but he's been rubbish when I've seen him

Ricardo Talu - a big ox and decent tackler, but when on the ball "hapless" describes him quite well

Alan Trouten - in July would have been a tip for a POTY nomination but has had his worst season in years

Andy Barrowman - injured for long spells but there's no denying that he's had a disappointing season

Gavin Swankie - another who hasn't lived up to expectations; should have been looking at double figures but has had a bad year

Manager: Gary Bollan - managed two teams expected to push for the promotion play-offs and bombed at both.

Disappointing to see oor Carlos on your end-of-season list. I like him a lot, I think he's a real maverick, a real wildcard who can offer something different, and he's scored some sublime goals this season to boot. The clipped, chipped surface of Cliftonhill is no place for an Iberian wizard to showcase his talent.

Maybe a bit of a push but Liam Henderson, who played for us. Had many blunders, including setting up an Ayr goal in our 5-2 loss to them earlier in the season.

God, I forgot about him. I don't really like going in hard on a young boy but he was rubbish. There were occasions when he looked like a decent defender but those moments were few and far between. I remember the aforementioned 4-2 win over Cowdenbeath when he basically gave the ball to Grieg Spence inside the penalty box to score and set up a nervy finale. We were coasting up until that point.

When did he leave the club? I don't think there was any official announcement (although that kind of thing doesn't surprise me, knowing the way Stenny operate their social media accounts).

He hasn't bombed at either club. Bizarre statement really.

No mentions for Darren Hill? How bad must Barcley be?

Jamie Barclay really was bad. Having taken a glance through our results, between the start of the season and his injury in November, he directly cost us about 13 goals. Get a load of his performance in the Challenge Cup defeat up at Peterhead.

John Armstrong looked like he'd spent pre-season training to be a darts player. Quite an incredible/undignified sight seeing him up against our svelte front line. 

God, forgot all about a big Chopper. He looked in dreadful shape when he schlepped out of Cowden. A damn shame as well because a couple of years ago he was probably the best part-time centre-back in the country,

God, forgot all about a big Chopper. He looked in dreadful shape when he schlepped out of Cowden. A damn shame as well because a couple of years ago he was probably the best part-time centre-back in the country,

I suppose Nish was struggling to field a team and had to play him. I remember him and Mbu strolling League One games and it was a bit of a comedown to see him trying to keep El Bak & co in check with a massive gut on him. 

Disappointing to see oor Carlos on your end-of-season list. I like him a lot, I think he's a real maverick, a real wildcard who can offer something different, and he's scored some sublime goals this season to boot. The clipped, chipped surface of Cliftonhill is no place for an Iberian wizard to showcase his talent.

Fair points from someone who knows more about the guy than I do - in fairness none of the Stenny team were any good in that 2-0 game, only Colin McMenamin was orthy of pass marks and he went and got himself sent off.

I hope my selection doesn't come back to haunt me on the last day of the season.

God, I forgot about him. I don't really like going in hard on a young boy but he was rubbish. There were occasions when he looked like a decent defender but those moments were few and far between. I remember the aforementioned 4-2 win over Cowdenbeath when he basically gave the ball to Grieg Spence inside the penalty box to score and set up a nervy finale. We were coasting up until that point.

When did he leave the club? I don't think there was any official announcement (although that kind of thing doesn't surprise me, knowing the way Stenny operate their social media accounts).

Jamie Barclay really was bad. Having taken a glance through our results, between the start of the season and his injury in November, he directly cost us about 13 goals. Get a load of his performance in the

Ahh completely forgot about Henderson, worst left back performance I've ever seen in our 5-2 win at Somerset. Mikey Donald should be safe from inclusion.....

3:50 is surely Barclay's worst moment this season?

He left back in January due to lack of games. Saw something somewhere about it, might of been on the website.

Morgan and Mackin as "strikers", with Sumsky playing off them. "Hapless" is a good description of Morgan, the odd moment of unintentional brilliance in amongst hours of dross. Mackin lumbers about like a carthorse and Sumsky is one of the worst players I've ever seen in an Airdrie top (and there's strong competition for that title).

Captain: Fitzpatrick, only gets in the team because he wears the armband.

Archived