What happens if a club can't fulfill a fixture club

forth jfc

We have been informed the league have postponed our Wednesday night fixture as Royal Albert can't field a team. This fixture has been up for 2 weeks .I don't blame Royal Albert as i know the difficulties changing work ,travel etc. Surely we must be awarded the 3 points ??? or does depend what team u are

Had a look at the ADL thread and it would appear Muirkirk have a legitimate reason for not fielding a team, they have went down the youth route and have their boys on dual contracts and unfortunately their boys have done well with their youth teams!

I'm not sure why Royal Albert can't field a team as it would appear no reason has been given other than they can't field a team! Dangerous precedent IMHO!

Had a look at the ADL thread and it would appear Muirkirk have a legitimate reason for not fielding a team, they have went down the youth route and have their boys on dual contracts and unfortunately their boys have done well with their youth teams!

I'm not sure why Royal Albert can't field a team as it would appear no reason has been given other than they can't field a team! Dangerous precedent IMHO!

Why would you think Muirkirk have a legitimate reason? It's their decision who they sign. If they can't play it's their problem and no different to anyone else.

Why would you think Muirkirk have a legitimate reason? It's their decision who they sign. If they can't play it's their problem and no different to anyone else.

Thank you, I've been taking pelters on the ADL thread for saying the same!

I can't see why you shouldn't be awarded the 3 points, why should Forth should be punished for Royal Alberts inability to field a team. If this is allowed to happen the fixture secretary should have a good look at himself

to me it looks like you're being inconvenienced, not punished.

I think it's legitimate because Muirkirk, a club with limited resources have taken the bold step of building their team around youth, to do so u tend to have to sign the boys on delayed contracts and they should be applauded for this. In my opinion if their boys are genuinely playing in a cup final for their boys club then they should be given disposition to cancel their fixture. Only an opinion though!

I think it's legitimate because Muirkirk, a club with limited resources have taken the bold step of building their team around youth, to do so u tend to have to sign the boys on delayed contracts and they should be applauded for this. In my opinion if their boys are genuinely playing in a cup final for their boys club then they should be given disposition to cancel their fixture. Only an opinion though!

I disagree. Junior football clubs are given fixtures and they should play them. If they don't then they should be fined and have points deducted. Where does this end? Everyone can find a reason for not having a team on the pitch. Clubs are responsible for fulfilling the fixtures. The back story is irrelevant.

I disagree. Junior football clubs are given fixtures and they should play them. If they don't then they should be fined and have points deducted. Where does this end? Everyone can find a reason for not having a team on the pitch. Clubs are responsible for fulfilling the fixtures. The back story is irrelevant.

Must be great, looking down (your nose) at everyone else.

I believe Muirkirk informed the League secretary of the possibility of a cup final for their youths. The semi-final had been delayed a couple of times and as a result it was only played on Tuesday. The league fixture was put in place in case they got beat. They didn't so the fixture was withdrawn. Whitletts were made aware of the possible out comes and have accepted it without any moans or complaints. Terry has a bee in his bunnet about youth players for some unfathomable reason. Doesn't seem to have a problem though with Ardeer agreeing to play them on a Friday instead of the Saturday.

Must be great, looking down (your nose) at everyone else.

I believe Muirkirk informed the League secretary of the possibility of a cup final for their youths. The semi-final had been delayed a couple of times and as a result it was only played on Tuesday. The league fixture was put in place in case they got beat. They didn't so the fixture was withdrawn. Whitletts were made aware of the possible out comes and have accepted it without any moans or complaints. Terry has a bee in his bunnet about youth players for some unfathomable reason. Doesn't seem to have a problem though with Ardeer agreeing to play them on a Friday instead of the Saturday.

Well pardon me for not being psychic. Maybe if it had been clear at the outset that the junior fixture was provisional then that would help. And for your benefit I'm not looking down my nose at anyone. My opinion is that if fixtures are scheduled then clubs need to play otherwise you end up with anarchy. It is the problem of nobody else if a club can't fulfil a fixture. Having players who play for 2 teams is only an issue for the clubs they play for.

But the Regional Secretary withdrew the fixture. Which means there was no fixture to fulfil.

Wrong!!! The fixture was issued 2 weeks ago then was withdrawn yesterday as Royal Albert couldn't field a team. What is about the original post by the Forth managers that you don't understand, take your time reading it then it might sink in

Wrong!!! The fixture was issued 2 weeks ago then was withdrawn yesterday as Royal Albert couldn't field a team. What is about the original post by the Forth managers that you don't understand, take your time reading it then it might sink in

What part of my post do YOU not understand? I said the fixture was withdrawn. Therefore there is no fixture to fulfil. What you should be asking is why Royal Albert can't field a team and why did the Regional Secretary withdraw the fixture.

But back to the original question. What do Forth hope to gain?

The rule makes no mention of an award of the points and goals to Forth. Only that Royal Albert (rock bottom of the region, with 9 points) would be deducted 3 points and a 3-0 loss recorded against them.

What part of my post do YOU not understand? I said the fixture was withdrawn. Therefore there is no fixture to fulfil. What you should be asking is why Royal Albert can't field a team and why did the Regional Secretary withdraw the fixture.

But back to the original question. What do Forth hope to gain?

The rule makes no mention of an award of the points and goals to Forth. Only that Royal Albert (rock bottom of the region, with 9 points) would be deducted 3 points and a 3-0 loss recorded against them.

Pardon my ignorance but If it's a 3-0 loss recorded against them does that not make it a 3-0 win recorded to the team they were due to play ?

Archived