2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

I must admit I have enjoyed seeing some of Hibs' failings in recent years, but this was far more enjoyable than all of them combined. The celebrations over the last couple of days have been great, and well overdue.

Edited by afca32

So what did Kenny say happened to his son?

Was thinking we'd have evidence of 7 or 8 of the player assaults by now.

Says a punch was thrown but didn't land.  Some jostling but not much - and Dean was more concerned about losing the game than the post-match stramash.

What a tremendous read over the last couple of days.

Hibs providing an excellent lesson in fair, measured, calm press releases. For shame, Rangers.

Then again, it is Jim Traynor we're talking about. What a mess he must be in.

Five Live at it now.

Orc statement read out.

Only Hibs fans mentioned.

Nevin saying nothing to stick up for team he "supports". Although he did stress "only for 12 years"

I doubt Traynor is in a mess at all. He has the easiest job in the world, being paid to produce stuff that those simpletons will lap up.

He's probably got a cigar out laughing at how much he's billed this week whilst coming up with that spraff.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

I doubt Traynor is in a mess at all. He has the easiest job in the world, being paid to produce stuff that those simpletons will lap up.

He's probably got a cigar out laughing at how much he's billed this week whilst coming up with that spraff.

Was there not some shite spouted by Chic Young about damage caused to the pitchside led boards being over £600k?

There's an absolute roaster on Twitter who claims those not at the game don't know the full story because cameras were 'stolen' and 'damaged'. It's almost as if the TV cameras and the thousands of mobile phones at the ground simply didn't exist. 

This.

Our sports media has managed to assemble a rather extreme selection of oddballs that just seem overly desperate to argue with each other live on air.

Atleast they got rid of Jum Spence, the oddest oddball of them all.

No-one should be surprised that journalists aren't tearing into that Rangers statement (even though a few have alluded to it being laughable on twitter) or condeming any of their fan's actions. Rewind a few years ago to Jim Spence-gate and what that caused. You've got a whole bunch of morons literally sending threats to the guy's family just because he made a comment that they don't like. There's no doubt a lot of them avoid talking down ra peepul purely to avoid the inevitable backlash 

Right 2 days later and in a reflective mood.  I'm 35 and in that time I have seen Hibs win 2 trophies, until the weekend.  I was at the 6-2 game, yes I was at the 5-1 final but not the other preferable 5-1 final.  Seen us scudded by celtic in two other finals,  beaten by Livi and humped 7-0 by Malmo,  f**k I was at the 6-6 Well game ffs.  My point is I have seen some really good highs, beating Hearts, the OF etc and some utter pumpings.

I have not been able to get the smile off of my face yet, truly it kinda hurts a wee bit.  If there was one team other than Hearts I would have loved to have won the big cup against it would be Rangers or mk2 Rangers.  The second Grey scored the winner I screamed at the utter top of my lungs, I roared and I have no shame in saying I fucking cried like a wee girl.  I embraced and hugged every person around me and I wish I could put into words the sheer emotion I felt.  Fans of big teams will never ever come close to that feeling of utter euphoria.  I ran on the pitch I screamed and cheered my lungs out.  I still can't fathom the joy I feel.