Arbroath vs Montrose

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of season feel to the game. Thought Arbroath shaded it but neither side did enough to win it. Look forward to next season and see what new players can be attracted in the summer

Our crowds have been the best in the league by a fair bit since we've been in it. We had just under 600 last week against Berwick when we are as bad as we are now. What kind of crowds should we be getting at the moment??? (Eta: 620 is our average, 3rd best in the league and 70 behind Elgin, even though were 9th and have been utter pish since January 2015.... We were top last season and sitting top at Christmas too)

This wind tunnel talk is a lot of shite, Gayfield can get really windy at times but the majority of the time it's not any worse than the rest.

I like the 'wallowing around' chat, are you for real. :lol:

The lowest I've seen us finish since I've been going, roughly 2000, is 4th in this league, I've seen us win the league and the promotion play offs, also get promoted by finishing 2nd behind Partick Thistle, play in the 1st/2nd and 3rd division, seen us involved in 3 other promotion play offs, 1 to go up to the Championship for a second time, 2 to go up from this league. In ALL that time Montrose have NEVER left the bottom league, usually finishing in and around the bottom. Wallowing around is a bit rich.

I'm beyond positive we will not decline next season, or ever finish 10th, as for Montrose.... Can't be long until you're back fighting for your SPFL status.

Interesting historical context, if you're really interested in that sort of thing. Following a terrible season last year, Montrose have made a little progress. It hasn't been fantastic but the reality is there's a fine line between being ambitious and having delusions of grandeur. Montrose haven't been guilty of either but I reckon they are heading in the right direction, particularly in the club's work with the community. I can't say much about Arbroath but as a bigger town, marginally better located, which has had a lot of money spent on it, the club should probably not be languishing in the lowly position it currently occupies.

Trading on past glories isn't going to change that. It remains to be seen, whether bringing in a new manager will really root out the malaise that undoubtedly has brought you so low this season.

Interesting historical context, if you're really interested in that sort of thing. Following a terrible season last year, Montrose have made a little progress. It hasn't been fantastic but the reality is there's a fine line between being ambitious and having delusions of grandeur. Montrose haven't been guilty of either but I reckon they are heading in the right direction, particularly in the club's work with the community. I can't say much about Arbroath but as a bigger town, marginally better located, which has had a lot of money spent on it, the club should probably not be languishing in the lowly position,it currently occupies.

Trading on past glories isn't going to change that. It remains to be seen, whether bringing in a new manager will really root out the malaise that undoubtedly has brought you so low this season.

Who said it was? I only said all that in response to Gogs saying we have been 'wallowing around'.

It's the first season we've been in this league and not finished 4th or higher in the 16 years I've been going. That's the point I was making.

It was a pretty ridiculous thing for him to say, along with the rest of his post.

Arbroath are one of the biggest part time clubs in Scotland .

The last two seasons have been a complete, utter disaster - a total wipe out.

The only shining light has been Bobby Linn - his place in Arbroath's history books will up there with the likes of Andy Penman ( he would be good signing for Dundee United next season in the Championship ).

Two instantly forgettable long drawn out seasons are thankfully coming to an end next week.

Considering how rank bad awful we've been this season a pretty decent crowd turned up yesterday(1073) to watch a meaningless end of season foot of the table match,the crowd deserved better than what was served up,it was embarrassingly awful.Things can only get better next season.

Considering how rank bad awful we've been this season a pretty decent crowd turned up yesterday(1073) to watch a meaningless end of season foot of the table match,the crowd deserved better than what was served up,it was embarrassingly awful.Things can only get better next season.

With what, 200 away fans? That crowd might actually take our average to the best in the league again, despite the last 15 months.

Aye alright :lol: :lol:

Airdrie/Ayr United are only 2 that are without doubt bigger. East Fife and Dumbarton similar.

You have made

21,966 posts

REALLY ? Someone needs to get a life ? LOL

Naw, Tazz just shows up from time to time on Arbroath threads making a c**t of himself.

I hope you had plenty of £2 vodkas before that 'game' today Waffelz, a truly dreadful spectacle as expected, nearly as bad as the fare at Tannadice ffs.

Don't let it put you off visiting again. :P

21,966 posts ? Feckin hell ? Now that is MAD ?

And thank god you've not made any more than 400, Tazz.

Awww leave the poor wee laddie alone! ;-) His team win the league and he is still more interested in us, I am

sure his condition has a name... oh aye it has, obsessed! Not as bad as mo83 aka mo ron though ! ;-)

Archived