Tynecastle over the years

Some good pics there. Used to love going to the old Gorgie road end and hearing Henry Smith being wolf-whistled along with effeminate shouts of "Oooh Henrryyy" everytime we played them for some reason.

Some good pics there. Used to love going to the old Gorgie road end and hearing Henry Smith being wolf-whistled along with effeminate shouts of "Oooh Henrryyy" everytime we played them for some reason.

Maybe you're too young to remember Eric Carruthers and Peter Cormack then :lol:

Cheers for that. With hindsight, wish I'd started earlier with taking a camera as there's been so much change. Nowadays it's so easy with smartphones.

Some cracking pictures there, certainly takes me back to being a youngster standing in the Gorgie Road/Shed end...you mentioned the toilets in the away end which I also used after me a few mates couldn't get in the home end so we stuffed our scarf's up our tops and went in with the Dundee Utd fans...I am sure it was a last game of the season and we needed to win or be relegated, we did win and we started singing, along with wee pockets of other Jambos in the away end - I remember thinking we were going to get a kick-in from the unhappy Arab fans that day...but they were actually alright with us.

Anyway, the toilets I mentioned...I remember the days of 'The Shed', you would be watching the game with streams of piss flowing down the steps/over your feet - not pretty, but oddly something I will never forget.

Great blog.

Well done,also brings back memories(not all good)but would not change them for the world.My first memory of Tynecastle was the Real Zaragoza game,my dad took me to the old enclosure and sat me on the wall,fell in love with Hearts and remain a tragic all these years later.

I have fond memories of visiting my neighbours grandads flat on Gorgie road in 1996/97.

The Gorgie terracing had been leveled to make way for the new stand which meant his flat looked straight onto the ground. We huddled round the back window watching Paulo DiCanio and his white boots run rings round Hearts. Every so often to get a break we would head to the living room and watch the game on TV.

None of us in that room were Hearts or Celtic fans but a cracking day none the less.

Maybe you're too young to remember Eric Carruthers and Peter Cormack then :lol:

Cheers for that. With hindsight, wish I'd started earlier with taking a camera as there's been so much change. Nowadays it's so easy with smartphones.

Remember playing football on Gullane sands with Peter Cormack during the Trades Holidays in 1972.

We had a great time till we got home at night and we were burnt all over, as there was no sun never gave it a thought!!!

Archived