Full time teams?

MaccaW

Hi

Which teams outside the Premiership are full time? I'm guessing all the championship .what about leagues 1 and 2?

Cheers

Hi, welcome to P&B

Currently everyone in the Championship barring Alloa and Dumbarton are full-time. Dunfermline in League One are, and I think Ayr have a full time U20s squad but their first team aren't.

Airdrie are going full-time in the summer, whilst if Livingston go down in the playoffs I wouldn't be shocked to see them go p/t.

If that lass wins her tribunal, Livvy probably won't see next season!

Seriously, remember the early '80s when there were only 9 full-time clubs? Alan Rough used to train alone while at Partick, but we seemed to do much better then, half the Premier Division qualified for Europe every year, we were in the WC finals, happy days!

How can Airdrie sustain full time football they barely average 900?!

861. Likely to drop a bit next season too with Dunfermline and probably Ayr leaving the league to be replaced by Alloa and Livi.

I have absolutely no idea why they're wanting to do this.

Guessing it would be to try and push for the championship in the hope of increased crowds but if they f**k up.....

I think they'll get worse as a team, it'll be hard to attract players to full time football on the wages they'll be offering.

I think they'll get worse as a team, it'll be hard to attract players to full time football on the wages they'll be offering.

Spot on, the wages they are offering will be the lowest f/t wages in the country, so I'd imagine they'll have a team of U20s drop outs. 

Could work I suppose, but it looks to me as if it has disaster written absolutely all over it.

Archived