Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2016

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

What's odd about it?

Seriously?

17 players brought in seemingly at random, massive squad, endless loans, two of those loans cancelled after two games, far too many young players in the first team squad. It's very erratic and odd - none of this suggests a well managed squad or club.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Seriously?

17 players brought in seemingly at random, massive squad, endless loans, two of those loans cancelled after two games, far too many young players in the first team squad. It's very erratic and odd - none of this suggests a well managed squad or club.

From the outside it would certainly appear to be the case that he is erratic in his signings. The simple fact however is that the nucleus of the team is still present from last season and LC has simply been trying to fill in the gaps. If someone better comes along he has no qualms about replacing those who haven't worked out or the same if an improvement has been acquired.

We've gotten so used to losing players that it's a pleasure to be transfer central for a change.

In terms of the club being not well managed, cheers for that, none of us had noticed ;)

3 minutes ago, killienick said:

From the outside it would certainly appear to be the case that he is erratic in his signings. The simple fact however is that the nucleus of the team is still present from last season and LC has simply been trying to fill in the gaps. If someone better comes along he has no qualms about replacing those who haven't worked out or the same if an improvement has been acquired.

We've gotten so used to losing players that it's a pleasure to be transfer central for a change.

In terms of the club being not well managed, cheers for that, none of us had noticed ;)

I stand by what I said. The only difference is that you think that Lee Clark's madcap approach might work, and I think it'll end badly. I'm certainly not having an 'absolute shocker' here - some of you Killie fans need to stop getting hysterical. The circling of the wagons in the face of measured, constructive criticism is a very Rangersy approach.

I stand by what I said. The only difference is that you think that Lee Clark's madcap approach might work, and I think it'll end badly. I'm certainly not having an 'absolute shocker' here - some of you Killie fans need to stop getting hysterical. The circling of the wagons in the face of measured, constructive criticism is a very Rangersy approach.

You don't half talk some sh!te on here....

LC overhauled the squad, which had been stagnant for years, a clear out was needed and carried out... 4 players for every position was what he promised and has delivered, and the loans were signed with clauses allowing us to ship them back if they didn't measure up (nothing strange there).

The club finances are common knowledge so your bringing nothing new on this front. What exactly is your point as an outsider looking in using assumptions as if your ITK ?

If I were you I'd be more worried about the Ton than our club given your disastrous performance in South Ayrshire last weekend..... That's the only shocker on this thread [emoji6]

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You don't half talk some sh!te on here....

LC overhauled the squad, which had been stagnant for years, a clear out was needed and carried out... 4 players for every position was what he promised and has delivered, and the loans were signed with clauses allowing us to ship them back if they didn't measure up (nothing strange there).

The club finances are common knowledge so your bringing nothing new on this front. What exactly is your point as an outsider looking in using assumptions as if your ITK ?

If I were you I'd be more worried about the Ton than our club given your disastrous performance in South Ayrshire last weekend..... That's the only shocker on this thread emoji6.png

4 players for every position?! That's absolutely nuts. You need to take a step back and think about that.

I'm not happy at all about where Morton are at this stage of the season, I don't disagree with you there. There are deep rooted problems at our club too, but they're quite different to your own.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I think you'll find that my retort was measured and also gave you credit for the way it might appear on the outside. You however, have decided in your infinite wisdom that LC's policy is definitely 'madcap' which you no doubt must have gleamed from your intrinsic knowledge of our club. Those of us who pay our money and watch Killie every week are entitled to circle our wagons as we know what we see and what we see is slow, steady progress.

LCs approach to signings may well end badly, but it's too soon for you or anyone else to call it.

Tell Ayr we say hi.

(Rangersy :lol:)

8 minutes ago, killienick said:

I think you'll find that my retort was measured and also gave you credit for the way it might appear on the outside. You however, have decided in your infinite wisdom that LC's policy is definitely 'madcap' which you no doubt must have gleamed from your intrinsic knowledge of our club. Those of us who pay our money and watch Killie every week are entitled to circle our wagons as we know what we see and what we see is slow, steady progress.

LCs approach to signings may well end badly, but it's too soon for you or anyone else to call it.

Tell Ayr we say hi.

(Rangersy :lol:)

Your retort was quite measured - I'll give you that. I was referring to people talking about 'absolute shockers' and Pride of the Clyde, whatever that is. It sounds like a f*cking paddle steamer. 

The approach to transfers at Kilmarnock is so unusual it will inevitably become a source of discussion and speculation; it's like a Poundland version of Romanov-era Hearts.

4 players for every position?! That's absolutely nuts. You need to take a step back and think about that.

I'm not happy at all about where Morton are at this stage of the season, I don't disagree with you there. There are deep rooted problems at our club too, but they're quite different to your own.

Stop a minute and think about what you said, having 4 players for every position is nuts, really ? .... I say not as it's better to have choices rather than make shift when injuries and suspensions are up... Take Addison and McFadzean for example out injured 6-8 weeks, without Boyle, Burn and now Boyd as central defenders we would have been in deep sh!te ......

2 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Seriously?

We've signed 17 and released 20 - not sure how that fits into the "massive squad" narrative.

10 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Stop a minute and think about what you said, having 4 players for every position is nuts, really ? .... I say not as it's better to have choices rather than make shift when injuries and suspensions are up... Take Addison and McFadzean for example out injured 6-8 weeks, without Boyle, Burn and now Boyd as central defenders we would have been in deep sh!te ......

I mean in terms of the first team squad. Do you ideally have 4 right backs? Does that make any sense? I've never heard a manager suggest it before.

Manchester City have two right backs. Chelsea have two then an U21 option. These clubs could have as many right backs as they want.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Did you release 20 first team players? That in itself is quite an alarming statistic if true.

Some were youth but we haven't signed 17 first team players either. A lot of them are for development. We've also sent 2 loans back as they haven't worked out.

IMO LC is just doing the best job with the budget tha he's been handed . KFC lost 700k last year that is being covered by soft loans from the director/s so it's not a far stretch of the imagination to assume our player budget has been cut by a similar if not greater amount. The squad that he inherited was full of journeymen and possibly if rumours are to be believed hangers on , wage thieves and malcontents.  Our previous Largs mafia taught managers IMO might have struggled to, use manager speak " think outside the box" with the smaller  budget and the usual discarded and unwanted players that are on permanent location on the Scottish football merrygoround would have made another brief appearance in the SPL

LC has through his English contacts and knowledge brought in unknowns which in xenophobic Scottish football circles initiates tittering and finger pointing from the fans of other clubs  who don't like a " pretty odd " or " madcap " approach to player recruitment. Will LC succeed ?  I don't know but we are having an eminently more entertaining and interesting one than we have had since Kenny Shiels , and if it turns just as exciting that will do for me 

6 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

IMO LC is just doing the best job with the budget tha he's been handed . KFC lost 700k last year that is being covered by soft loans from the director/s so it's not a far stretch of the imagination to assume our player budget has been cut by a similar if not greater amount. The squad that he inherited was full of journeymen and possibly if rumours are to be believed hangers on , wage thieves and malcontents.  Our previous Largs mafia taught managers IMO might have struggled to, use manager speak " think outside the box" with the smaller  budget and the usual discarded and unwanted players that are on permanent location on the Scottish football merrygoround would have made another brief appearance in the SPL

LC has through his English contacts and knowledge brought in unknowns which in xenophobic Scottish football circles initiates tittering and finger pointing from the fans of other clubs  who don't like a " pretty odd " or " madcap " approach to player recruitment. Will LC succeed ?  I don't know but we are having an eminently more entertaining and interesting one than we have had since Kenny Shiels , and if it turns just as exciting that will do for me 

I can understand the excitement, I love a good signing as much as anyone, and the usual suspects approach is no fun. I just don't think 20 is a healthy number. Kenny Shiels signed a whole new team at Morton and it was a disaster. Signing lower league English players isn't a particularly original or perceptive approach to player recruitment. There are some hidden talents, though, and Rangers were doing well with that approach until they lost the head and started signing various crocked and finished big-name players.

Xenophobic, though? I'm pretty sure that's not the right word. If I actually said anything xenophobic I'd like to think the administrators would have me out on my a*se immediately.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I can understand the excitement, I love a good signing as much as anyone, and the usual suspects approach is no fun. I just don't think 20 is a healthy number. Kenny Shiels signed a whole new team at Morton and it was a disaster. Signing lower league English players isn't a particularly original or perceptive approach to player recruitment. There are some hidden talents, though, and Rangers were doing well with that approach until they lost the head and started signing various crocked and finished big-name players.

Xenophobic, though? I'm pretty sure that's not the right word. If I actually said anything xenophobic I'd like to think the administrators would have me out on my a*se immediately.

As for xenophobic I didn't accuse you ...just that some fans have a very narrow minded approach as to the suitability of a player for their team.

33 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Did you release 20 first team players? That in itself is quite an alarming statistic if true.

That illustrates the scale of the problem LC inherited.

As for the new signings I doubt many will be on longer contracts than 18/24 months AJ and GL gave away 3 year contracts to absolute duds , so our board and I suspect the majority of Killie fans are happier with this solution .

As for the loanees as has already been said we've shipped 2 back to their clubs with very little outlay and other duds will be quickly recognised and dispatched likewise a thrifty and convenient method for a club with no overdraft facilities and a board riven with doubt suspicion and discord. When we get rid of the bad eggs perhaps then we will be able to behave in the manner that other fans expect of a Scottish football club 

28 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

That illustrates the scale of the problem LC inherited.

As for the new signings I doubt many will be on longer contracts than 18/24 months AJ and GL gave away 3 year contracts to absolute duds , so our board and I suspect the majority of Killie fans are happier with this solution .

As for the loanees as has already been said we've shipped 2 back to their clubs with very little outlay and other duds will be quickly recognised and dispatched likewise a thrifty and convenient method for a club with no overdraft facilities and a board riven with doubt suspicion and discord. When we get rid of the bad eggs perhaps then we will be able to behave in the manner that other fans expect of a Scottish football club 

I know, but this isn't going to create any kind of medium term stability. Kenny Shiels inherited a mess from Allan Moore and tried a similar approach (on a smaller scale actually) but it just meant another massive clean-up job when it went tits up, and some of the players he brought in at Morton were pretty decent on paper. I think that this would have been better done gradually and in a more considered fashion over another transfer window at least. But if what you're saying is correct then I suppose it's a question of whether stability is even achievable at Kilmarnock right now.

Archived