Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Courier official" for Malcs and Adam

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-2/179519/forfar-boss-gary-bollan-adds-two-squad/

Good to see that GB is strengthening areas that most supporters will have seen as fairly key for this season.

As others have previously posted, I'd assume Grant will be the new no.1 goalie and big Malcs should be the dominant (in the air) centre half we've been missing. He'll also talk his way through most games which the younger defenders will certainly benefit from. I'd imagine that he'll be happy to have a bit of pace around him too.

Might be that Jason King drops back to the 20s/out on loan to a junior team with Hill as back up.

I make that about 13 signed now. With news awaited on the last remaining players who were offered deals - Scott Smith, Craig Smith, Steven Craig and James Yates.

Adam has to be a positive, very decent keeper at various levels. Also hopefully means Darren can be back up.

On the face of it Malcolm isn't a great signing but with Travis out until Christmas and a lack of experience and talking in defence I can understand it, may also open TOB to play in midfield where I thought he looked OK in a CDM role.

Adam has to be a positive, very decent keeper at various levels. Also hopefully means Darren can be back up.

On the face of it Malcolm isn't a great signing but with Travis out until Christmas and a lack of experience and talking in defence I can understand it, may also open TOB to play in midfield where I thought he looked OK in a CDM role.

Malcolm and TOB centre back pairing would be fine . A mixture of pace and an old head

Please do not tarnish my reputation down here because I ragdolled you on your wee teams thread Powerhouse.

This is 100% legit, trying to sort out the release and the club are adamant he must buy it out. He says they had an agreement he'd get to leave if a professional club come in for him.

Please do not tarnish my reputation down here because I ragdolled you on your wee teams thread Powerhouse.

This is 100% legit, trying to sort out the release and the club are adamant he must buy it out. He says they had an agreement he'd get to leave if a professional club come in for him.

Why do people not just name the player in instances like this?

Why do people not just name the player in instances like this?

Clearly to stop his club being arseholes and then chasing you lot for money and potentially ruining his chance. As I said, he's saying they had an agreement. It's not in his contract, he's having to hope his club are going to keep their word.

Don't believe me if you don't want to, I'll be back once he signs.

Archived