Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

Aye and you've clearly targeted Josh.

Not at all....he just needs to be benched and brought on gently.....we have been expecting too much from him since the early goal scoring run.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tbsouth said:

Not at all....he just needs to be benched and brought on gently.....we have been expecting too much from him since the early goal scoring run.

Cmon now, you've been ripping him to shreds on here.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I have been saying all season that he shouldn't start games...better option of the bench. Anyway hopefully new keeper in the goals tomorrow

10 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Of course doubled up with the ridiculous decision to release Kerr Hay (best finisher at the club) didn't help...

10 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

How is Lister up front a no brainer? Boys absolutely useless.

It's starting to get a bit comical now......completely useless at finishing (see saturday) :lol:

It's starting to get a bit comical now......completely useless at finishing (see saturday) :lol:

Aye, what about the other 2/3 chances he wasted? Give him his due he did take the goal well, having looked back at the highlights, but during the game except the goal he did absolutely nothing? Wasn't even attempting to win half the headers.

Lister starts it's a hoof ball game & we drop points.
We don't need to play hoof ball, but if Lister plays.. Then hoof ball it will be![emoji42]

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

No! Keep it on the deck!!

That's the way against joe. Low and fast. Having been a fantastic player for us for years you'd think we'd have known that and not launch the ball at him all day. Mbu didn't break sweat.

"Still think Cox & Peters are the better combination up top.

Swankie's offered very little this season, does he even merit a place in the first team?"

No names mentioned here on this post from 25th Feb..... wonder which way the wind will be blowing tomorrow?? :) 

THE FINAL QUARTER.

Our results over the previous 3, nine game quarters are as follows.

1st.  21points.

2nd. 18 points.

3rd. 16points.

Total. 55 points.   6 points clear of Arbroath.

Although this is a worrying downward points trend the Fixture Computer has been good to us with 5 home games and 4 away.

If we can win our 5 home games we can afford to lose away to Elgin and possibly even Montrose and still win the league.

Even if Arbroath win all their remaining games apart from against us we would be 3 points clear.

For the record I thought Lister did OK on Saturday and would start with him up front with Cox.

THE FINAL QUARTER.
Our results over the previous 3, nine game quarters are as follows.
1st.  21points.
2nd. 18 points.
3rd. 16points.
Total. 55 points.   6 points clear of Arbroath.
Although this is a worrying downward points trend the Fixture Computer has been good to us with 5 home games and 4 away.
If we can win our 5 home games we can afford to lose away to Elgin and possibly even Montrose and still win the league.
Even if Arbroath win all their remaining games apart from against us we would be 3 points clear.
For the record I thought Lister did OK on Saturday and would start with him up front with Cox.

So 'if we win 8 out of 9 we can possibly afford to lose away to montrose'

???

:lol:

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So 'if we win 8 out of 9 we can possibly afford to lose away to montrose'

???

:lol:

Yeah.  5x3 = 15.  From home games.

3x2 =6.      From 2 away wins.

Total.     21points + 55=. 76 points.

Arbroath.  8x3=24 points. + 49 = 73 points.     Simples.

Knowing us though, we will probably lose at home to Edinburgh and it's back to the drawing board for my master plan.

Yeah.  5x3 = 15.  From home games.
           3x2 =6.      From 2 away wins.
Total.     21points + 55=. 76 points.

Arbroath.  8x3=24 points. + 49 = 73 points.     Simples.
Knowing us though, we will probably lose at home to Edinburgh and it's back to the drawing board for my master plan.

I understand that but that is fairly optimistic considering you have won 9 out of your last 20.

The 7 out of 7 at the start of the season looks like it's gave you enough of a buffer to win the league. I don't actually think you're the best team in this league. Elgin for me anyway are better, and I won't say ourselves because that would be biased.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I understand that but that is fairly optimistic considering you have won 9 out of your last 20.

The 7 out of 7 at the start of the season looks like it's gave you enough of a buffer to win the league. I don't actually think you're the best team in this league. Elgin for me anyway are better, and I won't say ourselves because that would be biased.

At our best we are the best team and have the best manager. The league table doesn't lie and all that....this league is dreadful by the way.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Football is all about dreams and being optimistic , how otherwise would we drag ourselves from Forfar or Arbroath up to Elgin or down to Berwick. I actually think that there will be twists and turns in the final 9 games as the relegation threat and play off issues kick in.

I think we must win our home games to stand a chance of winning this league.

Archived