Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

1 minute ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Yeah but he is getting played defensive mid and is doing well so no point changing it

Did you not see the Edinburgh game or the 1st half on Saturday....Bain was caught out again for the goal....play the Left back at Left back...and the Right back at Right back.....why do managers make things so complicated?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you not see the Edinburgh game or the 1st half on Saturday....Bain was caught out again for the goal....play the Left back at Left back...and the Right back at Right back.....why do managers make things so complicated?

Would rather Bain starting than Munro

I'm a big fan of Chris McLaughlin.

If there's one player from Scottish football in the last 20 years that 'Boomer' reminds me of, it's Gary Bollan.

He has a thumping left foot and a strong core, with a good long throw.  I don't know his height for sure but I reckon he's about 5'10" or 11" with the big quiff!  He's not terribly quick for a youth player but not easily beaten 1v1.  His big attribute is how well he can dig a cross out with his left peg and I've seen him score some cracking goals, including a volley from 20 yards a fortnight ago against Aberdeen u20s.

I think he should have had more opportunities in the first team, but the manager doesn't trust him yet.  Hopefully he comes back a better player because I have high hopes for him.  He stands out at u20 level every week (County's u20s are near the top of the development league) and just needs plenty first team starts to keep learning.

I'm a big fan of Chris McLaughlin.
If there's one player from Scottish football in the last 20 years that 'Boomer' reminds me of, it's Gary Bollan.
He has a thumping left foot and a strong core, with a good long throw.  I don't know his height for sure but I reckon he's about 5'10" or 11" with the big quiff!  He's not terribly quick for a youth player but not easily beaten 1v1.  His big attribute is how well he can dig a cross out with his left peg and I've seen him score some cracking goals, including a volley from 20 yards a fortnight ago against Aberdeen u20s.
I think he should have had more opportunities in the first team, but the manager doesn't trust him yet.  Hopefully he comes back a better player because I have high hopes for him.  He stands out at u20 level every week (County's u20s are near the top of the development league) and just needs plenty first team starts to keep learning.

Good to hear! Hopefully goes back to County with a winners medal

34 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Would rather Bain starting than Munro

So that's a no then.....Bain has cost us goals against Elgin-Annan-Cowdenbeath....it's time to let him settle in his favoured right back slot. 

Mind Campbell used Yano in midfield a few times same with Ross Campbell out wide . Wtf moment right there . It's no hard to put round pegs in round holes .

Just now, Bogs_Dollox said:

Mind Campbell used Yano in midfield a few times same with Ross Campbell out wide . Wtf moment right there . It's no hard to put round pegs in round holes .

He had Sanny sitting in front of the back four for a spell :lol:

34 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Kerr Hay away to Montrose!
Bit disappointed he didn't get some substitute appearances this season!
But good luck to the young lad, great potential!

I'll second that - great finisher, bit of 'devilment' about him, keen.

Where did it go wrong?

38 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

We've done fine without him this season. Aye he's a good finisher but I believe we have better players than him in our squad. Bollan must have somebody else lined up to replace hik

Who is better at finishing....please reveal all?? :)

Another 'muddled' up friendly tonight.....good goal by matty but a scrappy game to say the least.....do we sign the 'big' midfielder or not is the question?

Do you think he's anywhere near the first team squad level? Looks really short of fitness. Good feet but he'd be well behind Milne, McCawl, Foxy , Malone and TOB.

Archived