Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enforced/badly needed change at centre back next week. Munro and Travis or Munro and TOB?

It'll be interesting to see if we are any less fragile at the back with Malcolm out the side.

What does he actually give to the side?  Last year, he or Dods were badly missed in an organisational point of view.

Has Malcolm made our defence better this season? I suspect he has. That said, time to give the young guys a go at the back and see if they can keep it together as a unit.

8 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

What does he actually give to the side?  Last year, he or Dods were badly missed in an organisational point of view.

Has Malcolm made our defence better this season? I suspect he has. That said, time to give the young guys a go at the back and see if they can keep it together as a unit.

You answered your own question, big Malcs organises the defence, he talks the others through the match and is fearless. He's a great leader and a great servant to this club. He is, I concede, passed his best and has been losing too many balls these last few matches. Andy Munro is his successor (not as captain, too young) in that position. Let's remember how lucky we are having Malcs, Munro, TOB and Trav. Big strong central defenders and not just gate posts but talent too, particularly Trav and TOB.

Dundee reportedly interested in Josh Peters (Carlisle and Millwall watching him too)

Why ? Ineffective yesterday missed a sitter and apart from his wee spell of being on fire he has plenty to prove.I like him but surely this is pish.

Archived