Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

Eoghan McCawl signed  until early January. Will G.B.  Try to extend his loan ? I feel he is too similar to what we have and would prefer if we could get an experienced holding mid fielder. 

It will interesting to see where G.B decides to strengthen. Will he go for youth or experience?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it wasn't for all these points dropped through draws, we would be top!  I get what you are saying though. Frustrating eh?! 

Ifs and buts eh?

Actually, if just one match v Arbroath had gone the other way, we'd almost be out of sight!

Just now, dee_62 said:

Ifs and buts eh?

Actually, if just one match v Arbroath had gone the other way, we'd almost be out of sight!

Ifs and buts eh... but it didn't!  Makes for an interesting 2nd half to the season! Whatever happens I hope we are having a local derby next season in league 1. 

Ifs and buts eh... but it didn't!  Makes for an interesting 2nd half to the season! Whatever happens I hope we are having a local derby next season in league 1. 

Sorry, meant to quote the comment above yours about "all the derbies"
#BloodyFatFingers

2 teams going up would be braw indeed.

McCawl is part of the first team squad at Saints this season but guessing if he's viewed as little more than good cover at Forfar that he'll be struggling to win a new deal in Perth. Tommy Wright obviously doesn't see him coming back and challenging for a place at Saints in the short-term.

20 hours ago, Radford said:

McCawl is part of the first team squad at Saints this season but guessing if he's viewed as little more than good cover at Forfar that he'll be struggling to win a new deal in Perth. Tommy Wright obviously doesn't see him coming back and challenging for a place at Saints in the short-term.

Sadly for Saints fans I think you're right. He is not a standout in league 2 so would struggle in the Premier League. He does have youth on his side though.

Now that G.B. has shown his hand by releasing Smith let's hope he can unearth another diamond like Andy Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

What's everyone's thoughts on us signing Eddie Malone?
Haven't seen him play personally so can't comment until I see him play, but glad Bollan has realised that we need a left back!

Always looked pretty solid when I seen him at Stenny and Ayr, thought he was older than 31. Good signing. Be good to get Bain over to the right and Travis into the centre.

Archived