Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Alistair Donald to resign this week apparently

I asked a friend who has an insider close to AD. What came back was he is likely to go at the end of the season.

i also heard, from another (and very reliable source), he is moving home from Padanaram to Laurencekirk. Hardly the other side of the country though. Time will tell....

Top of the league and lost out to 1 goal in a very scrappy Derby . Get a grip some people

It would seem a strange decision to go now (and almost a completely non-football related decision if it was the case).

He wanted to go last year due to "work commitments" and a feeling he couldn't take them any further but was talked around. Any pressure on him this year is completely different.

I know, in Forfar, he's not universally popular but the focus he's given to keeping a youth team going when teams like Arbroath etc have ditched theirs, deserves huge recognition.

Players like McIntosh, Hay, Kennedy, Elliott, Gill, Mailer, Yates etc have all come through the ranks and have the potential to keep playing for or generating income for the team. Plus, keeping a development squad playing, gave our fringe and injured 1st team players a chance to maintain fitness levels when they weren't in the first XI. A huge plus in the season we almost went up.

3 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Congratulations Forfar on winnng the division 2 title thoroughly deserved :thumsup2 

The Angus love-in continues lol

If we can repeat the first half of the season results (Angus derbies aside) in the second half then it'll all be over early April, time will tell....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived