Stirling Albion Thread

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

A small section of our support do not like Chris Smith one bit, on Saturday after your goal there was a bit of talking back to those supporters from Chris Smith.

He's the best shot stopper I've seen at this level, which is incredible considering his size. Its just a shame his kicking is hopeless.

Personally I think he is one of the best keepers in the lower leagues, no better in League 2. His kicking is suspect, but otherwise he is a solid shot stopper. The thing is there is always a reason why players play at our level, far from the finished article... apart from Eddie Ferns! ;)

Personally I think he is one of the best keepers in the lower leagues, no better in League 2. His kicking is suspect, but otherwise he is a solid shot stopper. The thing is there is always a reason why players play at our level, far from the finished article... apart from Eddie Ferns! [emoji6]

Agree with this. If his kicking was better theres no way he'd be playing in League 2 with us.

Don't get me started on Eddie Ferns...

Can't think of a better keeper that The Albion have had in the last 15 years. If he gets a move to Arbroath then he deserves it. A tiny section of our support have it in for him but sadly they are the most vocal [emoji22]

Just now, BB_Bino said:

Can't think of a better keeper that The Albion have had in the last 15 years. If he gets a move to Arbroath then he deserves it. A tiny section of our support have it in for him but sadly they are the most vocal emoji22.png

I do hope we get Smith, but expect others are looking at him too. As for tiny sections giving certain players a hard time, oh we have "fans" like that too!  Why pay out good money to slag off certain player/s, get behind the team you rockets!  Anyway, I expect your guys to kick on next season, a bit of added spice is Stennie coming down. Is there a long standing rivalry with them or just Alloa? 

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

Alloa and Falkirk.

Most Albion fans don't mind Stenny or the Shire, just really don't like Ochilview.

You mean Awfulview?! Does anyone like Stennies ground? As for Arbroath's keeper Gomes, rumour has it he wants away!  Imagine that?! 

You mean Awfulview?! Does anyone like Stennies ground? As for Arbroath's keeper Gomes, rumour has it he wants away!  Imagine that?! 

I'd be worried if anyone did, I'm sure even Stenny fans dislike Ochilview. The stewards are complete arseholes, the stand that Stenny fans are housed in is awful and theres 2 sides missing.

The only decent thing is the terrace behind the goal.

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

I'd be worried if anyone did, I'm sure even Stenny fans dislike Ochilview. The stewards are complete arseholes, the stand that Stenny fans are housed in is awful and theres 2 sides missing.

Agreed, I am happy that Stennie went down for that fact alone! I am a fan of grass pitches too. The Forthbank surface is in a wonderful state, just wanted to add that, a pleasure to invade it yesterday!  All the best for next season, I am expecting big things from the ex Lichtie Mackay next season. 

Don't think he wants away just that he seems to be a bit of a traveller. Moving about from country to country and playing. Heard his GF is in Edinburgh doing uni this year that's why he's here. Would happily keep him. But if we got Smith I'd be happy with that too. Sure any team would, weird he's being released.

15 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

The terracing behind the goals at Ochilview is not the greatest view imo too low, only good thing Ochilview has got is that its quite easy to get to from Striling other than that its not got much else going for it.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't think he wants away just that he seems to be a bit of a traveller. Moving about from country to country and playing. Heard his GF is in Edinburgh doing uni this year that's why he's here. Would happily keep him. But if we got Smith I'd be happy with that too. Sure any team would, weird he's being released.

Ok mate, it must be diffecult for Gomes. Surely Smith was offered at deal at Stirling? If not I would amazed, unless MacKay has someone even better lined up. 

10 minutes ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

Ok mate, it must be diffecult for Gomes. Surely Smith was offered at deal at Stirling? If not I would amazed, unless MacKay has someone even better lined up. 

The manager will have a decision to make, we've two keepers who will want to be number one next season and the second wouldn't be happy as a bench warmer. No doubt by the end of this week we'll find out who's going to be our first choice and the other may be released or want to leave.

We've got Cammy Binnie who is also a class keeper, and is also younger and his kicking is probably better.

I like Chris Smith, been our best player for the last 2 seasons but wouldn't be to disappointed to lose him if we can keep Binnie.

4 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

We've got Cammy Binnie who is also a class keeper, and is also younger and his kicking is probably better.

I like Chris Smith, been our best player for the last 2 seasons but wouldn't be to disappointed to lose him if we can keep Binnie.

Fair enough Jake, this Binnie must be some keeper then. Thanks for your POV. 

37 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Stirling we're good on Saturday. I'd fancy them to do well under McKay, signings dependent.

Things have certainly improved and by and large we have done ok since he came in. I wasn't totally convinced at first, however he has certainly earned the right to have a summer behind him. He has already stated in the Observer that we are set for a clear out so we will just need to see who he can bring in.

Some of his signings just didn't work out (Josh Jeffries & Fraser Wright), the jury remained out on others (Andrew Black, Calvin Colquhoun, Connor McLaren, Conor Quigley) and a few of them played well but were maybe unlucky with injuries that they didn't make a massive impact (Andy Little, Willie Robertson) and of course he had Dylan Bikey who was absolutely awesome during his first spell, went to Hearts and was OK when he came back but never had the same impact as earlier.

However you need to keep in mind that he was trying to plug holes in a sinking ship and despite this, and despite having horrendous luck with injuries at times (most notably Centre Backs), results improved and we went on a magnificent run that made the Play Offs a real possibility, which, as I have already said, gives him the right to go again next season.

Edited by BB_Bino