Stirling Albion Thread

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interesting to see how Jardine gets on. No idea about him as he's only ever played U20 football but was highly thought of when he joined us. 

Surely he has a future if Tommy has signed him from boro? hopefully he can put in a good shift for us

2 minutes ago, Binos Liam said:

Surely he has a future if Tommy has signed him from boro? hopefully he can put in a good shift for us

We've signed a lot of young players from down south since TW took over. Some are completely out the game now as they simply weren't good enough. Most prominent one was Marcus Maddison, who now plays for Peterborough, but never played a game for us. 

Not got the foggiest where Jardine sits in terms of those two extremes. I'd suggest this move will define his career. 

We've signed a lot of young players from down south since TW took over. Some are completely out the game now as they simply weren't good enough. Most prominent one was Marcus Maddison, who now plays for Peterborough, but never played a game for us. 
Not got the foggiest where Jardine sits in terms of those two extremes. I'd suggest this move will define his career. 

I never realised Maddison was with Saints :lol:

You'd imagine so. If he's an attacking midfielder I can't see him starting though. Could be a good option off the bench, or can he also play out wide?

5 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I never realised Maddison was with Saints :lol:

You'd imagine so. If he's an attacking midfielder I can't see him starting though. Could be a good option off the bench, or can he also play out wide?

Yeah, was apparently hard to coach and spent the whole time sulking about not being in the first team, despite TW personally coaching him. Left us due to "homesickness" 

And based on some of our U20 line ups it looks like he's played on the right wing at points, in a five man and four man midfield. 

Yeah, was apparently hard to coach and spent the whole time sulking about not being in the first team, despite TW personally coaching him. Left us due to "homesickness" 
And based on some of our U20 line ups it looks like he's played on the right wing at points, in a five man and four man midfield. 

I can see him starting out wide. Hopefully he'll be an adequate replacement for Morrison.

He was originally from Crieff and his family moved to France where he played youth football for Nice and  Monaco..He was very highly rated and his signing was looked on as a bit of a coup for Saints at the time.He plays central midfield but can also play out wide...I have seen him a couple of times for the U20's but not enough to give an opinion..

Danny jardine had a good game. Started on the right and never did a great deal, was slipped into Cm and put in an excellent shift there. Looks like he will be a good help for the rest of the season

Good stuff, how did my boy Moon get on?

Strange one regarding Barr. He's the head coach of our under 20s team, who play most of their games on midweek nights. I'm wondering if this move means he's leaving that role with Morton? 

Footballing wise, he didn't look up to Championship standard anymore in the few games he played earlier this season. 

Woke up to this news this morning and was delighted to read that Barr had signed for us. He’s always been a player I have admired, and I know he probably won’t be the same guy that played for Falkirk & Hearts, but he should still be good enough for this level.

We’ve needed an experienced head at the back for some time now, and what better than someone who has played at the top level domestically, represented their country and won leagues and cups. Fantastic!

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Woke up to this news this morning and was delighted to read that Barr had signed for us. He’s always been a player I have admired, and I know he probably won’t be the same guy that played for Falkirk & Hearts, but he should still be good enough for this level.

We’ve needed an experienced head at the back for some time now, and what better than someone who has played at the top level domestically, represented their country and won leagues and cups. Fantastic!

Agree just hope Darren does a good job for us starting this Saturday against Elgin. Over the next month we have 3 home games and we really should be looking at taking all 9 points from these games. As well as taking all 3 points when we visit Central Park to face the Blue Brazil, another 3-0 victory would do me fine.