Stirling Albion Thread

Aye you would imagine there will be a big crowd for it seeing as both should be challenging at the top.

I remember playing Clyde on the opening day of the season 2 years ago. Fans of both clubs genuinely went into the season believing their team could win the league and it was a brilliant day with a big crowd. As it turned out, we both went on to have poor seasons, but that was a great day, would be good to have the same kind of crowd along for this.

I remember playing Clyde on the opening day of the season 2 years ago. Fans of both clubs genuinely went into the season believing their team could win the league and it was a brilliant day with a big crowd. As it turned out, we both went on to have poor seasons, but that was a great day, would be good to have the same kind of crowd along for this.

Did our last game at Forthbank against them not get over 1000? Would imagine we could possibly see the same for this one.

Did our last game at Forthbank against them not get over 1000? Would imagine we could possibly see the same for this one.

Think you’re right mate but that was also the Youth Academy Day so that would of added 200+ to the gate but considering Clyde are only 20 mins along the road and such a huge huge club (in their own eyes) then there should be hope that we can hit those numbers again.

Given the summer signings And genera feel good factor at the club I would imagine we will bring a good crowd through. Unless we get cuffed by Cowdenbeath....

Even then you still normally bring 250/300 odd so that helps add to it.

Hate to put a dampener on things but Macron should have done better for yous.

Spoiler

Johnson_new.jpgDG9RH1PWsAAafqj.jpgBryan-Janssen-648x430.jpgDTMMWOqW4AAn5nT.jpgSJMZTEUR3K22CHK4NJWB.jpg5b1e82d5c2c48_DfalNfoWsAAgcit1.thumb.jpg.72ae8f03c70eacd60bf1b6419b754674.jpg

And that's just the teams that had this design in red+white. Surely a club of Stirling's stature should have been able to get something bespoke - Berwick had six years of specially designed shirts before Mitre came in last season.

With Callum Davidson almost certainly becoming assistant manager at Stoke a lot of Saints fans are wanting Dave Mackay to become our new assistant manager how do you guys feel about this ?? 

There’s an inevitability at this level where we accept that if someone does well then they will move on, especially if a Full Time offer comes in. There is even more of an inevitability at Forthbank that if Dave Mackay does well, he’ll probably end up back at St.Johnstone so if the move you speak of is offered to him and he takes it then good on him. I’m not sure exactly why he would take it though, if he keeps working well at Stirling then he would surely be in pole position for Tommy Wright’s job when that day comes.

Mackay might look at it as Full Time work and he can learn in house, and I get that, but I would of thought you would learn more by being your own man.

I’m personally of the opinion that Mackay still has a bit to prove before he is seen as ready to walk into a Premiership job, but this might just be a good move for him with his own plans and desires, if he does decide to do it then I’m sure Albion fans will thank him for the job he has done and move on from it, personally, i wouldn’t be fussed either way.

30 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

With Callum Davidson almost certainly becoming assistant manager at Stoke a lot of Saints fans are wanting Dave Mackay to become our new assistant manager how do you guys feel about this ?? 

Wold not be surprised to see Dave end up as Assistant Manager at the Saints, full time job, Dave still has a lot to learn and being under Tommy Wright learning from him could be a good move for him and when Tommy moves on clearly could step in to the top job. 

As the previous poster says if he is offered the job expect him to go and wish him all the best for the future.  

Wouldn’t be too disheartened tbh. Can’t really be annoyed at anyone at this level leaving for a full time gig. He’s still got a point to prove with us though, hopefully he stays.

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Wouldn’t be too disheartened tbh. Can’t really be annoyed at anyone at this level leaving for a full time gig. He’s still got a point to prove with us though, hopefully he stays.

These replies have been refreshingly realistic and honest.I really would like Dave back at Saints but I do have a soft spot for the Binos and would not be too upset if he decided to stay and develop his management skills with you 

These replies have been refreshingly realistic and honest.I really would like Dave back at Saints but I do have a soft spot for the Binos and would not be too upset if he decided to stay and develop his management skills with you 

We can only wait and see what happens. I have a soft spot for Saints because you gave us Danny Jardine.

If Dave does go, I wonder who we would go for? Or would we give Fraser Wright the opportunity?

23 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Not much activity going on in this thread...

We play a friendly against you lot tonight - do you have much of a squad signed up yet?

Think we have a core group of 11, rest will be made up from under 20's and trailests who the manager wants to sign possibly