Stirling Albion Thread

16 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Think we have a core group of 11, rest will be made up from under 20's and trailests who the manager wants to sign possibly 

Have got 13 players signed for this season so far, as you say clearly need to add to the squad in the coming weeks to prepare for the start of the season. Reckon we need at least another 5 to 7 players in. Goalkeeper, another Centre Defender, Ball winning midfielder and at least 1 Centre Forward and possibly a couple of wingers. 

Have got 13 players signed for this season so far, as you say clearly need to add to the squad in the coming weeks to prepare for the start of the season. Reckon we need at least another 5 to 7 players in. Goalkeeper, another Centre Defender, Ball winning midfielder and at least 1 Centre Forward and possibly a couple of wingers. 

Think Mackay is wanting another 4 players in, not sure if that includes loan deals though.

Would agree that we’re needing what you have mentioned. Central midfielder and wingers being the most important imo.

Just bought a Stirling Observer and it says that the signing of a Goalkeeper and Striker is close, along with the resigning of Peter Macdonald. That would suggest that would only leave us with a Centre Midfielder and a Winger to find.

If the lad Borg impresses during his trial and is signed then we are pretty much there with the squad, with the option of 1 or 2 loan players coming in to boost the numbers slightly.

Alan Maybury has just joined Saints as U20 coach with Alex Cleland moving up to the No2 spot so so breath easy lads..Also I am surprised that Jamie Docherty had not been linked with you as he was a prolific goalscorer for our under 20's for the past couple of years and someone Dave knows well..

Has Kevin moon re-signed ??

33 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Alan Maybury has just joined Saints as U20 coach with Alex Cleland moving up to the No2 spot so so breath easy lads..Also I am surprised that Jamie Docherty had not been linked with you as he was a prolific goalscorer for our under 20's for the past couple of years and someone Dave knows well..

Yes Kevin Moon is signed up for next season. 

2 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

We're about to sign another striker and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a younger player, so watch this space.

He's an excellent player I reckon that with a good pre season under his belt you will see him at his best..

Here’s hoping. He wasn’t bad last season but he also wasn’t great, bit more consistency and he could be a very important player.

Here’s hoping. He wasn’t bad last season but he also wasn’t great, bit more consistency and he could be a very important player.

Hopefully with a good pre season under his belt, he will show us what a good player he is and not just in patches like last season. Given the signings Peterhead, Clyde, even Edinburgh City have made this season so far we need a player like him to perform at his best.

Liam Caddis has left the Club according to Club Website due to non Football related reasons.  Looks like we need to find another midfield player then. 

I’m not really sure what to make of this news. Firstly, I’m sorry to read that something has happened within Caddis life that has forced him into, retiring from the game possibly?

I think there is an excellent player in him somewhere, and you always live in hope that you can find it. 1 great games and a couple of good games over the course of a season tells you that potentially he could be a good player for you but we never really saw it enough to suggest that losing the player is any great loss to the club.

Wish him well and thank him for what he did during his time at the club.

I’m not really sure what to make of this news. Firstly, I’m sorry to read that something has happened within Caddis life that has forced him into, retiring from the game possibly?

I think there is an excellent player in him somewhere, and you always live in hope that you can find it. 1 great games and a couple of good games over the course of a season tells you that potentially he could be a good player for you but we never really saw it enough to suggest that losing the player is any great loss to the club.

Wish him well and thank him for what he did during his time at the club.

Echo your comments on Liam Caddis, just hope he gets things sorted out and is back playing again soon.

Here’s what I don’t get about the John Neill bid…

Stirling Albion is debt-free with £200K in the bank – so why choose to borrow money you don’t need?

Then, in taking the loan, you give up all control of your club?

To somebody who has absolutely no experience of running a football club?

Can anyone explain the sense in that?

40 minutes ago, The West Stand said:

emoji871.png️ Signing news | We are pleased to announce that goalkeeper Calum Ferrie has joined us on loan from @dundeefconline until January to become our fifth summer signing.

Should be a good signing for you guys. Looked OK in a couple of brief first-team appearances and really seems to have come a long way since he first joined us.