Stirling Albion Thread

On 28/06/2018 at 13:45, rhliston said:

Liam Caddis has left the Club according to Club Website due to non Football related reasons.  Looks like we need to find another midfield player then. 

On 28/06/2018 at 16:53, BB_Bino said:

I’m not really sure what to make of this news. Firstly, I’m sorry to read that something has happened within Caddis life that has forced him into, retiring from the game possibly?

I think there is an excellent player in him somewhere, and you always live in hope that you can find it. 1 great games and a couple of good games over the course of a season tells you that potentially he could be a good player for you but we never really saw it enough to suggest that losing the player is any great loss to the club.

Wish him well and thank him for what he did during his time at the club.

When he left us there was article somewhere that he'd "fallen out of love with the game" and only dropping well down the levels to play in a team with a family member helped him enjoy it again. 

Possible he's just not enjoying being a footballer, sadly happens to people. 

When he left us there was article somewhere that he'd "fallen out of love with the game" and only dropping well down the levels to play in a team with a family member helped him enjoy it again. 

He certainly didn’t look like a footballer. It’s a shame because on his day he was a brilliant player. Best of luck to him on whatever he does.

On another note, we beat Dalbeattie 2-0 today. Did anyone head down and can they tell me how we played?

He certainly didn’t look like a footballer. It’s a shame because on his day he was a brilliant player. Best of luck to him on whatever he does.

On another note, we beat Dalbeattie 2-0 today. Did anyone head down and can they tell me how we played?

Was down their, better in first half, Ross McGeachie opened the scoring with a header from a corner after 7 mins.

Dalbeattie came more into the game 2 half and had chances before we scored our 2nd goal. Should have made it 3-0 but we missed a sitter.

Peter MacDonald started this game and played the first half of it.

Dave MacKay came on as a sub late in the 2nd half.

I was at the Astro on the first night of training and noticed very few familiar faces come onto the pitch, so Mackay clearly has a minimum squad to work with due to holidays and maybe even work commitments.

I heard Dick Campbell on Rock Sport Radio say that the League Cup kick off is a nightmare for Part Time teams because actually, the players have had no pre-season because most were on holiday etc etc, I’m now seeing what he meant.

How was Andy Little for you guys? Played as a trialist for us yesterday and given a few factors (our staunch signing policy, the fact he's a utility man and the fact he has black hair and a beard) I wouldn't be at all shocked to see us bring him in.

He got a really nasty injury early in his time with you lot, didn't he?

How was Andy Little for you guys? Played as a trialist for us yesterday and given a few factors (our staunch signing policy, the fact he's a utility man and the fact he has black hair and a beard) I wouldn't be at all shocked to see us bring him in.
He got a really nasty injury early in his time with you lot, didn't he?

If he could have played more than a game without getting injured he would have been a good asset, but he was constantly getting injured.

I’d imagine he’ll be a back up for you lot.

8 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

If he could have played more than a game without getting injured he would have been a good asset, but he was constantly getting injured.

I’d imagine he’ll be a back up for you lot.

Hmmm, given our squad is likely to be really small this year an injury prone guy isn't really what we need. I'm slightly heartened to hear that he wasn't a disaster on the pitch for you guys though.

Our starting eleven looks really decent on paper, and it's now a matter of finding guys on low wages to pad out the squad. Given his versatility Little might not be the worst option.

Hmmm, given our squad is likely to be really small this year an injury prone guy isn't really what we need. I'm slightly heartened to hear that he wasn't a disaster on the pitch for you guys though.
Our starting eleven looks really decent on paper, and it's now a matter of finding guys on low wages to pad out the squad. Given his versatility Little might not be the worst option.

Its a shame because he never really got a chance to kick on because of picking up injuries all the time. He did impress me though when he played.

Best of luck to him, hope it works out for the both of you.

How was Andy Little for you guys? Played as a trialist for us yesterday

It’s hard to gauge Andy Little at Stirling because of his injury troubles. When he first came to the club, it was to use the facilities to train in to get over an injury he had a Preston (I think) and off the back of that he signed, initially until the end of the 2016/17 season, I think he would of had something like 10 games under his belt. For the first few games he played, he looked very rusty but had ability and you could see that he was going to be a super player. Just as he was getting sharper and starting to look the part, the training ground incident happened and he was lucky to be alive. We offered him a new deal to show loyalty and he accepted, but he was out for pretty much all last season.

With his new Joey Barton look he finally managed to make a couple of appearances and get himself off the bench, he looked rusty again but fair play, he ran about a bit. He then made a start against Berwick, only to come off with a hamstring injury and that was the end of him.

Is he the same player that ripped this league apart with Rangers? Who knows. Is a good player still there? Who knows, is Andy Little now a bad player? Again, who knows. Wish him well though, he was always good when I chatted to him behind the scenes and he’s been through a hell of a lot over the past year.

Pollok have signed Ewan McNeil. As per our site he played all but one of your games last so I'm assuming he's good?

I’m guessing McNeil has dropped to the juniors because he is a new Dad. Ability wise, you’ve got a player that is probably amongst the best Right Backs in the Scottish Lower Leagues and also, he was offered a new deal with us. He’s a good player, very steady and I can’t remember any dodgy moments from him throughout the whole of last season. He’s a player I liked, didn’t offer much going forward but hey ho, he was good and I think he’ll do a really good job for you. Impressive signing from Pollock.

I’ve read through the bid documents.

What if the club – under John Neill’s direction – loads up with assets and borrows money against them?

He could then remove a lot of the cash using the golden shares and take back his £600,000 plus interest.

Then he says cheerio and SAFC is left owing ££££s and goes bust.

Is there anything to stop that happening?

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The same thing happened at Saints..He was our brightest young prospect..Played in Europe scored against Celtic at Parkhead and then it all just came to a halt,uch a shame so much natural talent and yet no real drive to succeed..This may be of interest to you as The Goal has a distinct Binos Connection

What if the club – under John Neill’s direction – loads up with assets and borrows money against them?

He could then remove a lot of the cash using the golden shares and take back his £600,000 plus interest.

What if he doesn’t........

I’m guessing McNeil has dropped to the juniors because he is a new Dad. Ability wise, you’ve got a player that is probably amongst the best Right Backs in the Scottish Lower Leagues and also, he was offered a new deal with us. He’s a good player, very steady and I can’t remember any dodgy moments from him throughout the whole of last season. He’s a player I liked, didn’t offer much going forward but hey ho, he was good and I think he’ll do a really good job for you. Impressive signing from Pollock.

Thought McNeil was decent but could be suspect. Also, his deliveries were excellent imo. When he got moved into left back he was very, very suspect. Best of luck to him though, sure he’ll stroll the juniors.

50 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

What if he doesn’t........

Surely the point of a contract is that the club isn’t left exposed to ‘what ifs’.

Should Trust members be signing over the club when there’s a risk that Stirling Albion could end up bankrupt in this way?

People not profit, comrade!

Thought McNeil was decent but could be suspect. Also, his deliveries were excellent imo. When he got moved into left back he was very, very suspect. Best of luck to him though, sure he’ll stroll the juniors.

As I said Jake, nothing really jumps out at me that made me think he was suspect, but I may have forgotten. Totally agree when he got moved to Left Back but I doubt he’ll be playing there for Pollock. I think it showed how good a season he had, or how terrible Noble was, that Mackay moved him there instead of dropping him when Barr came in and McGeachie was moved.

As I said Jake, nothing really jumps out at me that made me think he was suspect, but I may have forgotten. Totally agree when he got moved to Left Back but I doubt he’ll be playing there for Pollock. I think it showed how good a season he had, or how terrible Noble was, that Mackay moved him there instead of dropping him when Barr came in and McGeachie was moved.

I just felt sometimes he was caught out of position. Still a solid enough player though.

Geeks is much better option though.

6 hours ago, King Crownest said:

I assume you mean that the club would take out a loan against the assets? If so, the decision to take out that loan would presumably be one for the Trust Board to sanction as the continuing majority shareholder.

Without going through all the terms of the bid document again, the consortium can't leave with the club being valued at less than they are now (or something similar) after the principal plus interest have been repaid. Can't remember now how the valuation is calculated, but would the value of all these hypothetical assets we're going to buy be included? They would be owned by the club, and would presumably be offset against any debts, making it less likely we would go bust.

Not sure what you mean by him removing cash using the golden shares, but that's down to my ignorance. Would appreciate your explanation on that point if you have the time.

Do take your point that the consortium's plans do include looking at expending a fair amount of cash, so borrowing would appear to be a likely option.