Stirling Albion Thread

31 minutes ago, Binos123sam said:

So that means 100%, that it's a relative and everyone one with the same surname is related. You're the only idiot here, now off our thread before I start spamming your shitey threads.

Keep digging Sam. It's the only hole you'll get.

On 11/12/2016 at 17:02, The Red Lichtie said:

No,but quite a few "neutral" supporters I knew wouldn't go because unlike Annfield it's a pain in the arse to get to.

Attendances since we moved to Forthbank have been consistently higher than they were in the last 10-15 years at Annfield. 

Swing and a miss again lad. 

Well it would appear that the basic facts are correct but it makes you wonder why we were paying such a low wage in the first place and why the player concerned accepted the offer and signed the contract in the first place.  Surely the Players Union would have been able to advise him in this matter and that brings another question as to why they allowed him to sign the contract in the first place for such a low wage. This just might be the tip of the iceberg regarding low wages in football.  Oueens Park were another club who were offering low wage contracts of only £1 per week, I wonder what action they are taking to remedy the situation as they are supposed to be Amateurs are they not ? 

Who knows what's going on Rhliston, do I support that club offering FIRST TEAM players such low wages......I think my avatar answers that, at the end of the day it's exploitation. However, the player may not be the one who is unhappy and reported it to the Daily Record, in fact he could be the innocent party in all this. Players contract details are on various computer systems which all sorts of people have access to.

Anyway, going by the club statement everything is resolved, so all's well that ends well.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

Who knows what's going on Rhliston, do I support that club offering FIRST TEAM players such low wages......I think my avatar answers that, at the end of the day it's exploitation. However, the player may not be the one who is unhappy and reported it to the Daily Record, in fact he could be the innocent party in all this. Players contract details are on various computer systems which all sorts of people have access to.

Anyway, going by the club statement everything is resolved, so all's well that ends well.

With the crap we have to pay every week to watch that shite, the player in question should be over the moon to just get paid at all.

BTU certainly would have, he loves semi naked grown men.

You're right Sam. Fancy a shag?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Stirling have been handing out dodgy deals. The attitude alls well that ends well is embarrassing. If I murdered someone I wouldn't expect to be let off because I said sorry.

I was in hospitality yesterday and Dave Mackay came upstairs to have a chat, and I have NEVER heard a managers being so blunt and straight to the point as he was. I believe he said alot of the same things that were in this weeks Stirling Observer, but he's a man who's not messing about.

For the benefit of those who weren't there, Mackay said that there are players at the club that he likes and thinks are good players but we are where we are because we just aren't good enough. He's already got 3 players lined up and is "working to get another over the line" however as much as 5 new players could be in place soon. I asked him where he saw the main area that needed improved, and he answered it by saying we just needed to be better all over, people talk about needing to defend better but Mackay said that the team needs to defend from the front and that's something we're not doing.

Bikey's future was also a topic. Mackay said that Bikey signed as an amateur because if he had signed on a normal deal, his old club in France were entitled to £40,000 compensation and for obvious reasons the club couldn't pay that. The likely hood is he will leave the club soon and has been training with others, but no names were mentioned. Stuart Brown then pointed out that there was a clause in his contract that stated he could not sign for another club "at this level" and would have to sign for one either further up the leagues or "away away". Mackay said that he felt that Bikey was a raw talent and although his all round game is raw, you can see what he brings in the box. Mackay would like to keep him but said that unless he is happy to stay as an amateur (which is doubtful) then we should accept that he'll probably be away in the coming weeks or months.