Stirling Albion Thread

8 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

This isn't the Frazer Wright of St Johnstone fame you're getting.

Dont be too excited about that 

Harsh. He really is an outstanding player - he's incredibly intelligent, his positioning is exemplary and he's a real leader. Couple that with the fact he won't ever lose a header, has the heart of a lion and is completely fearless (and the fact he's well know for his on-pitch bantz) and he should be a very decent addition at this level.

The only (major) worry would be the condition of his body. He's only still playing thanks to some injections in his hip and walks with a pretty severe limp. He also can't really run any more - not that he ever could. And I can't last 90 minutes in the Championship I don't think. In saying that, that was playing against pretty good f/t players, so the lower intensity of p/t L2 should suit him.

He'll take a bit of time to get warmed up - eg he was atrocious for him first handful of games with us, and then suddenly became our best defender last season. That's just a wee warning.

I really hope he does well with you lot as he was outstanding for us, and outstanding for our SPL buddies the St JohnSons. He's also a great laugh on the pitch - kicking the ball off an injured player to get a goal kick instead of just putting it out of play was my personal highlight.

I0000hRsu2Z8kaDg.jpg

TBF Wright couldn't run when he was with us, he just read the game so well that players struggled to get past him. The fact Ciftci was lauded as a superb player, but actively refused to play up front against Wright, says it all.

Caddis is an interesting one. Clearly has ability but never seemed to give much effort when out on loan. Got a MOM award for us in Europe but never pushed on.

Easily good enough for the top two levels, just needs to prove it.

I remember when Mackay was appointed, the Albion fans hoping he'd sort out a dressing room that maybe wasn't the most harmonious. It was suggested that given time, Mackay would fill it with the right types. Frazer Wright is the epitome of the right type and hopefully his legs can support that.

Wright can't walk without a limp? Whit? [emoji38]

Caddis was ok at us like hard working wide man but I've no idea where he's been since he left Alloa.

He went to Ardrossan Winton Rovers or something, fairly sure his brothers play there.

Pure speculation, but it seemed to me like he fell out of live with playing football, maybe he's rediscovered it.

37 minutes ago, Carilly said:

Fraser wright and Liam caddish signed for you guys last night mack at using dt Johnstone contacts

2 very good signings, if true. Caddis was spotted in the stand at the Annan game (or was certainly the rumour going around hospitality that day) but was alleged to be "looking a bit heavy" after a season or so playing Juniors.

Certainly steps in the right direction I would say, let's hope it's true and a Striker is next to follow.

Frazer "Owning" Ciftci was one of the funniest things that I have seen on a football pitch.Ciftci absolutely shat himself anytime he came near him.I agree with RG about Caddis I think he did fall out of love with the game.He is undoubtedly a talented player but it all comes down to attitude and self motivation.For what it's worth I reckon he plays his best football in central midfield not wide.

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

Eddie Ferns released by mutual consent as well, things appear to be moving I wonder who else is out the door ?

Brilliant news.

Happened with him? Sam scare him out? Seemed decent on paper pre season, then again so did Dickson/Henderson and McKenzie

Ferns started off really well and it looked like we'd found ourselves a decent player. But as soon as the league started he was rank rotten, also slagged the club on social media and offered out a square go to Sam.

Good fucking riddance if you ask me.