Stirling Albion Thread

Ferns started off really well and it looked like we'd found ourselves a decent player. But as soon as the league started he was rank rotten, also slagged the club on social media and offered out a square go to Sam.

Good fucking riddance if you ask me.

Aye he was very good when I seen him at Alloa. Looks like he just wasn't enjoying it/fitting in.

Sam :lol:

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Eddie Ferns released by mutual consent as well, things appear to be moving I wonder who else is out the door ?

Delighted with the news. Probably the most disappointing signing in recent times, started with a bang and then faded away to a whimper, however I remember Albion Rovers and Alloa fans saying on here that he did the same during his spells there. He just didn't seem to be interested for months now and after slagging the club off on social media, there really was no way back for him.

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Happened with him? Sam scare him out? Seemed decent on paper pre season, then again so did Dickson/Henderson and McKenzie

To be fair, McKenzie has been decent for us this season, I wish the other players had his desire and determination, Henderson had alarm bells ringing in a few peoples head in preseason, but managed to bag a hattrick against Elgin and Dickson has never looked decent for us, but takes more stick from a small section of the Stirling support than what is justified.

I sincerely hope the drop in level allows Frazer to continue playing, he was excellent for us last year and great to watch but his legs seem to have gone. Been injured pretty much all season for us and was last seen hobbling off the park in November.

I wish him all the best, he's a great guy.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I sincerely hope the drop in level allows Frazer to continue playing, he was excellent for us last year and great to watch but his legs seem to have gone. Been injured pretty much all season for us and was last seen hobbling off the park in November.

I wish him all the best, he's a great guy.

At 37 hope he has some life left in him at least until the end of the season, anything that improves our defence will be welcome.

Clyde fan in their thread:
Despite twitter storm earlier in the season would rather keep McKenzie

Same here but dont know if Mackay likes him.

If Clyde want one of our players they can have Henderson, I will drive him to Broadwood myself.

On frazer wright, i seen him play last season against us and i was of the same opinion as some of the people on here that he would be slow and a shadow of the player that he was for st johnstone but i was pleasantly suprised, he was fantastic this day, read the game very well and didnt look slow at all, if anything he was a better player than the big fella next to him, give the guy a chance he should do a very good job at your level.

3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Being an Alloa boy at heart will explain why he's pish.

Nah, he was just pish, Amazing that we kept him for so long. However if I had to pick between him and Liam Caddis I would pick Eddie every time. Caddis is a guy who walked into a decent team and instantly made them worse, Good luck with him.

I'm surprised at the Bino's confidence in MacKay as a manager.

Not saying he's going to fail but he's a rookie and hasn't exactly set the Heather alight.

While it's arguable that he's done the right thing in tearing the squad apart it's also a huge gamble especially replacing them with a mixture of kids & and a CB who by all accounts is done. 

Hodge, Ferns, McKenzie gone Petrie & Dickson rumoured to be next. Bikey not sure if renewed. That's a lot to replace and expect new guys to gel instantly.

Hope he gets it correct as Albion too big a club to lose but if I was a Bino I'd be concerned if not downright shitting myself.

30 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

I'm surprised at the Bino's confidence in MacKay as a manager.

Not saying he's going to fail but he's a rookie and hasn't exactly set the Heather alight.

While it's arguable that he's done the right thing in tearing the squad apart it's also a huge gamble especially replacing them with a mixture of kids & and a CB who by all accounts is done. 

Hodge, Ferns, McKenzie gone Petrie & Dickson rumoured to be next. Bikey not sure if renewed. That's a lot to replace and expect new guys to gel instantly.

Hope he gets it correct as Albion too big a club to lose but if I was a Bino I'd be concerned if not downright shitting myself.

You come across as a bit of a c**t.