Stirling Albion Thread

Thats annoying about Bikey as i'd like to keep him, but at least he wont be going to a club at this level.

I doubt that any club outside the Championship could afford Bikey but is he really that good? I've seen him play a couple of times and he's streets ahead of any player in this division.

I doubt that any club outside the Championship could afford Bikey but is he really that good? I've seen him play a couple of times and he's streets ahead of any player in this division.

Personally think he doesnt have the best footballing ability, but his pace causes problems.

Reckon he will end up in League 1, thats about his level.

On 18/12/2016 at 12:38, BB_Bino said:

Stuart Brown then pointed out that there was a clause in his contract that stated he could not sign for another club "at this level" and would have to sign for one either further up the leagues or "away away". 

How does that work then? They're paying him nothing and then trying to stop him furthering his career elsewhere?

Sounds like the lad on a tenner was getting a good deal.

How long's Bikey's freebie contract? If it's short term like Mackay's suggesting how is Brown going to enforce this clause?

46 minutes ago, King Crownest said:

How does that work then? They're paying him nothing and then trying to stop him furthering his career elsewhere?

How long's Bikey's freebie contract? If it's short term like Mackay's suggesting how is Brown going to enforce this clause?

I've no idea how contracts work and like many, I can only guess....you can only take Stuart Brown at his word that what he says is in place.

I don't think the club is stopping him furthering his career elsewhere however. On the contrary. Bikey was on the lookout for a place to play and impress and we gave him that, probably on the proviso of the above. The lad has seen this as an opportunity and has taken it, and if newspaper reports are to be believed, it looks like it MAY work out well for him.

Not sure what you're getting at as far I know he is on a short term contact until Jan. As a previous poster says it gives him a chance to show what he can do and puts him in the shop window so if any club is interested in him they can make him an offer. There is the question of paying his former club a development fee of £40000 which any club would have to pay to secure his services.

Pretty sure the contract ends at the end of January. Theres no way we will pay £40K compensation, so think we'll be waving good bye to Bikey.

When his contract's up it's up and he can do what he likes. That's Bosman no?

I understand the shop window bit but Albion aren't paying him any wages and can't pay the ransom money so why should they have a say over where else he wants to put himself in the shop window?

If he wants to sign for Clyde at the end of Jan can't see what's stopping him.

When his contract's up it's up and he can do what he likes. That's Bosman no?
I understand the shop window bit but Albion aren't paying him any wages and can't pay the ransom money so why should they have a say over where else he wants to put himself in the shop window?
If he wants to sign for Clyde at the end of Jan can't see what's stopping him.

It must be a clause in the amatuer contract we gave him.

Yes but when the contract expires all the clauses will expire too surely?

If you worked for Sports Direct on a zero hours contract for no money, where would you tell Mike Ashley to shove it if your contract finished and he tried to stop you getting a job at JD Sports?

If you'd moved here from abroad to better yourself, didn't speak the language and were skint, would Mike Ashley not be exploiting you and rightly end up in the papers?

Workers have rights in football too which is why that lad who was on a tenner a week is now on more than a tenner.

Edited by King Crownest

I attended the game on Saturday in the hospitality too. It was our Amatuer teams Xmas day out so decided to give this a go and was well impressed with the day. Food and drink all good and the whole day was well organised so hats off to Stirling Albion. On the game Stirling were deserved winners in the game having been the more hungry for it and after hearing the manager pre match can see he means business and can only see them climbing the table now.

He might want to play amateur for a side at the right end of the table with more chances to shine and better players around him.

Why would he bother signing for a club in this division on an amatuer contract when he's currently at a club at this level and doing very well for them?

Can see him joining a League 1 club on an amatuer contract, but certainly not a League 2 side.