Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Not brutal - I agree. Fix the football first and let the rest follow on from that. Too many carts being put before horses - or should that be useless nags......

In fairness to TW he stayed that he doesn't want us to just 'exist' but instead compete. The guy has the tools to do this but he as well as us isn't getting value for money.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here.

Last year I was aware of 2 community type programmes.   One was a mental health thing and one was in the schools.

What happens is you apply for money to carry out these projects.   Say for example the thing in the schools was for £10000.   Remember Hugo, Loudon and others were involved.    The club would have applied for that funding, say to the SFP, and the project costs would have been wages (how could we pay Hugo otherwise?),  project management fees, etc.     In essence those projects were probably no more than additional income rather than benevolent community work.   But we get the opportunity to shout about it.   These kind of funds can be a lifeline to small clubs and help with good publicity.

14 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I don't think anything was said, think he just deleted his Twitter straight after the game.

Heads gone.

When you search him on twitter then click on option search again it shows a couple of posts from some supporters giving him stick.

14 hours ago, carlukediamond said:

Colin Paterson has had it confirmed McBride is 100% in sole charge !

Because Paterson ( journalist) says that's the case it must be true do you believe everything Paterson or journalist tells you.

If Jennow is wearing a bluetooth in the dugout, what reason does he have to wear one ?

19 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

My concerns would be if its true then McBride is not getting 100% control and only ignites the concerns that some fans have already raised.

I'm not going to wade through the quagmire (giggety) that is your output on this forum, but I'm pretty fucking sure you told us that McBride had 100% control - now you've got concerns about it based on a fucking headset?

You are either very, very stupid or an expert troll. 

So after Saturday's red neck we are now going to start Gorman after he's now "back to his old self".   If we weren't 2 down at h/t  and we'd miraculously scraped a a draw would he still be out?  

Bizarre management at this club.

It's definitely a strange one. When was he going to get chance. When boateng or Fitzpatrick had a bad game !

On 9/27/2016 at 17:13, Pesadilla said:

I'm not going to wade through the quagmire (giggety) that is your output on this forum, but I'm pretty fucking sure you told us that McBride had 100% control - now you've got concerns about it based on a fucking headset?

You are either very, very stupid or an expert troll. 

I am entitled to change my oppinon. I am neither stupid or a troll.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's the situation at Airdrie managerial wise? Is McBride still just covering? What'll happen if he's seen as exceeding expectations?

The club need to make some announcement as all this intern manager stuff is nonsense.

8 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

So after Saturday's red neck we are now going to start Gorman after he's now "back to his old self".   If we weren't 2 down at h/t  and we'd miraculously scraped a a draw would he still be out?  

Bizarre management at this club.

Really bizarre. If he was left out for non-footballing reasons then why did these reasons suddenly go away half way through a match? If these reasons had already 'gone away' before the match and he was having to wait for Fitzpatrick and Boateng to perform poorly before he got in then you have to wonder what games they have been watching in the last few weeks. Fitz and Boateng were no worse on Saturday than they have been every other time they've played together.

Archived