Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

He got gubbed on the 'Beat the Pundit' quiz, but took it well.

Must be getting used to getting gubbed. 

Did he blame the fans for not getting behind him & he really had all the answers but was put off by the constant carping from the sidelines.

With that team, from a purely attacking point of view, I would prefer Conroy swapped with Leitch simply because Conroy is a better, more composed, finisher than Leitch. In the last few weeks some chances have been created but not finished off.

20 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Nae Russell emoji23.png

Cause he f**king annoys me

20 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

and whys gorman in?emoji23.pngemoji23.pngworse defender we've got

Worst?   McGregor looks decent and capable of much better barring a couple of dodgy moments and I do like him but what is there between any of the rest?  Mensing has been honking, McDonald utterly useless, all the fullbacks and Midfielders too.   We need to go with a 3.

20 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

With that team, from a purely attacking point of view, I would prefer Conroy swapped with Leitch simply because Conroy is a better, more composed, finisher than Leitch. In the last few weeks some chances have been created but not finished off.

That team would never play.   Because it's 442 or nothing now.

Worst?   McGregor looks decent and capable of much better barring a couple of dodgy moments and I do like him but what is there between any of the rest?  Mensing has been honking, McDonald utterly useless, all the fullbacks and Midfielders too.   We need to go with a 3.

Yes gorman is the worst centre half we've got would even take the bo over him he's rank rotten

That team would never play.   Because it's 442 or nothing now.

You never know, maybe the master technician of a director of football watched the game last week and has taken some ideas from it.

Rangers did win 6-0 after all.

Gorman did show he can be a good defender but since our bad run he has suffered from lapses in concentration. The game against Peterhead when he came on as a sub he did well.

Boetang is unpredictable the first away match at alloa sums Boetang up was short with a pass back but then made fantastic challenge to gain the ball back.

Boetang has been a fall guy and I do wonder with experienced Mensing beside him could he be a better player. 

18 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

You never know, maybe the master technician of a director of football watched the game last week and has taken some ideas from it.

Rangers did win 6-0 after all.

Colleague in work told me Dalziel apparently said rangers don't need director of football. So why would we need Dalziel.

Colleague in work told me Dalziel apparently said rangers don't need director of football. So why would we need Dalziel.

Yes he said the director of football route wouldn't work with how Rangers do their business/ how they work. He seems to think different about us and has yet to prove why that is the case.

4 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Yes he said the director of football route wouldn't work with how Rangers do their business/ how they work. He seems to think different about us and has yet to prove why that is the case.

Reality we have less structure, we have less players. We don't need a director of football waste of a wage. I can understand bigger clubs having director of football though I'm not a fan of them. Bigger clubs may choose director of football to support the running of a club as they have more players more scouting etc.

If airdrie want director of football so badly it should be in a role where they are involved more on helping and supporting the development of the younger players rather than saying their just making numbers up the bench and I would be very surprised if he has seen any of our young players playing so give them a chance Dalziel I have seen some of our young players and they are good granted yes they may not be able to perform consistently but you won't know how good they can be if you don't give them any chance. Director of football I believe should have close links with the community/ trust. 

I do believe Leighton, London, Thompson, Tuesdale I would refer to as better players than numbers.

Archived