Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Equally useless is commitment without ability.

I'm shocked and appalled in equal measures that people are really coming on this forum to defend Hugo Faria. Unless he turned himself into Sergio Busquets during my self imposed exile, he remains an awful footballer, who can't pass, run or tackle and has contributed very little this season. The statistics quoted by TBM are fluff, taken from a miniscule sample size. 

The last I seen of 'Shuggie' was 30 minutes at Stranraer where he appeared to have enrolled in clown college.

C'mon lads, just because Iain King is on here doesn't mean the thread has to turn into happy clapper central. Like a typical journo, he dodges the tricky questions and only comes on to roll out the party line. Lets not fall into that obvious trap.

Questions should be asked about the likes of Faria and (if true) Lithgow. They're simply not good enough. 

Questions about Hugo being signed were asked at the Open Q & A, the answer was given then.   

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions about Hugo being signed were asked at the Open Q & A, the answer was given then.   

Not what I'm talking about. I happened to be in Aberdeen at the Q&A. I've asked you very, very specifically to tell the world if the club will be seeking compensation from whoever signs Watt. Since you're obviously online, perhaps you'll answer. Settle it. We get compo, Watt was lying. We don't he wasn't.

Not what I'm talking about. I happened to be in Aberdeen at the Q&A. I've asked you very, very specifically to tell the world if the club will be seeking compensation from whoever signs Watt. Since you're obviously online, perhaps you'll answer. Settle it. We get compo, Watt was lying. We don't he wasn't.

Don't hold your breath waiting on an answer

I'm shocked and appalled in equal measures that people are really coming on this forum to defend Hugo Faria. Unless he turned himself into Sergio Busquets during my self imposed exile, he remains an awful footballer, who can't pass, run or tackle and has contributed very little this season. The statistics quoted by TBM are fluff, taken from a miniscule sample size.

The last I seen of 'Shuggie' was 30 minutes at Stranraer where he appeared to have enrolled in clown college.

C'mon lads, just because Iain King is on here doesn't mean the thread has to turn into happy clapper central. Like a typical journo, he dodges the tricky questions and only comes on to roll out the party line. Lets not fall into that obvious trap.

Questions should be asked about the likes of Faria and (if true) Lithgow. They're simply not good enough.

I agree with the happy clapper central. I understand the club want to go down different route though you have to keep some stability within the squad and some experience , hugo can tackle and defend that's his strength. Lithgow has been our best defender, so yes I would keep him. I would go back to happy clappers their is no point saying yes Mr king 3 bags full, then when back turned questioning what the guy is doing.

Hugo Faria should be nowhere near the first team next season. I'm sorry, it's really not acceptable to have a central midfielder who has no passing ability whatsoever. I don't rate him particularly well defensively either. He's a liability and he should be shot (of).

Criminal that he was signed on such a long contract.

Hugo Faria should be nowhere near the first team next season. I'm sorry, it's really not acceptable to have a central midfielder who has no passing ability whatsoever. I don't rate him particularly well defensively either. He's a liability and he should be shot (of).

Criminal that he was signed on such a long contract.

You don't get it, do you?

Jamie Bain just posted on his Twitter that he's left.

I wasn't too bothered about Jamie either way. A good squad player at this level and produced the odd moment of magic to win a game but as I said with last night's departures, we need to be looking to do a lot better if we want promotion.

I've only just started an account on this the other day so what's kings profile?

yip. And questions were asked about full time footballers and we were told there would b no part timers. So no one has been offered part time to accommodate them? And regards the Hugo questions, was the answers not twisted that night(again to accommodate him). He's played most games. no?

He's got half a dozen

Wow! Nearly 5 full pages of comments about football on the new thread, before we start talking about conspiracy theories and happy clappers.  I'm impressed - didn't think it would make 2 or 3.

Wow! Nearly 5 full pages of comments about football on the new thread, before we start talking about conspiracy theories and happy clappers.  I'm impressed - didn't think it would make 2 or 3.

If it bothers you, don't read it. I'm sure it's possible to Mute users you don't want to hear from.

Some of us are interested in finding out whether we're being lied to. Some of us are concerned about the direction this is headed.

Others sit back and are happy to give 100% unquestioning support.

However, I'd suggest that the number of the former far outweigh the latter....

The statistics quoted by TBM are fluff, taken from a miniscule sample size.

My stats arent fluff, they are a 14 game sample that showed a trend. It is a small sample and my 2nd post showed that I think he's a waste of a wage as he cant even pass a ball.

Re. The King comments, they've told us that we'll have a youngish team playing full time next season and challenging in the top half of the crassly named "championship" in 3 years. Up to them now to deliver. They had to start the process by shedding the old skin, we should now sit back and enjoy the next month or so and there will be 2 scenarios in July;

1. We have an exciting new team to enjoy

Or

2. They've completely fucked up

All we can do now is let them have space to operate. Come July we either buy a season ticket or we burn the town.

My stats arent fluff, they are a 14 game sample that showed a trend. It is a small sample and my 2nd post showed that I think he's a waste of a wage as he cant even pass a ball.

Re. The King comments, they've told us that we'll have a youngish team playing full time next season and challenging in the top half of the crassly named "championship" in 3 years. Up to them now to deliver. They had to start the process by shedding the old skin, we should now sit back and enjoy the next month or so and there will be 2 scenarios in July;

1. We have an exciting new team to enjoy

Or

2. They've completely fucked up

All we can do now is let them have space to operate. Come July we either buy a season ticket or we burn the town.

Re: Your stats. Yip. And the stats will show that we've had a better latter half of the season three years running. That's just as significant as anything Faria has done.

Listen, I actually agree there was a lot of deadwood to be cleared out. I'm not going to get teary eyed about any player going as the standard of football has been absolutely horrific. It might have been the classy thing to do to offer Prunty a role, given his work with the kids, but that's a by the by.

It's a massive few months ahead. Some of the decisions made so far have been questionable at best. This is their summer though, their time to get it right and prove the likes of me wrong.

Claiming Prunty is a 'star' is a highlight. A good club man and a good servant to the club, yes, but not a star.

Christ I know P and B is full of pedantry but picking up on that is something else. I clearly just meant that he was someone who - on and off the pitch - did a great job for the club in some pretty dire teams.

You're reading too many tabloids if you think the only use of the word 'star' is to describe world class footballers.

I am surprised bain wasn't offered a contract. Was it now in the tizer he said Eddie had discussed a contract before he took unwell (regards to bain). Cox was also under the impression he was getting a contract offer, it doesn't sit right with me in regards to how we are going about our business. Are we keeping any first team players from last year, their has to be some stability. This strikes me the same as Dundee utd letting go of a whole squad is very dangerous. Who are the young players meant to turn to ?

Archived