West Ham leave Upton Road

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they're not. The only club in London bigger than West Ham is Arsenal.

They're every bit as big as Tottenham and Chelsea and certainly bigger than the rest.

I would like to see you attempt to justify this before I mock you for it.

Based on what, precisely?

World renowned tealeaf Bobby Moore - Arsenal and Spurs have never had anyone as blatantly criminal as "Sir" Bobby.

<p>

Roll up for the Boleyn sell-off!

From goalposts to dugout seats

West Ham will auction trophies, photographs and shirts - with proceeds invested in the club's youth academy.

Caps, programmes, pennants, a small turnstile, an exercise bike from the home dressing room, a physio treatment table and flight case are also on offer.

Other lots include a mobile programme seller's stand, training mannequin, and the fax machine used by managers before current boss Slaven Bilic.

Some of the more unusual items listed for sale, with suggested starting bids (they may sell for more), are:

• Set of entrance gates, renamed John Lyall Gates in 2009 after former manager - £5,000
  • Matchday goalposts with net - £500
  • Manager's three-drawer desk, complete with office chair and phone - £50
  • 'Reserved for chairman' car park sign - £50
  • Cow bell gift from pre-season friendly v Bayern Munich - £50
  • Tracksuit believed to have been worn by Trevor Brooking before 1980 FA Cup final victory - £300
  • Manager's dugout seat, complete with heated element - £100
  • Bubble machine used to accompany club anthem 'Forever Blowing Bubbles - £20
  • 'Sorry position closed' ticket office sign - £20
Shite that was in a container under the Trevor Brooking stand for this shite.

I would like to see you attempt to justify this before I mock you for it.

In terms of support in London/the hone counties I can kind of see where he's coming from. Not by any other metric though.

Arsenal absolutely dwarf every other London club (including Chelsea) if we're talking in those terms.

What's the deal with the Olympic stadium. How much is that costing West Ham. Is it fair that West Ham get the stadium. Personally I like West Ham but hate those two creeps who own it now.

A few of us went to Wigan v West Ham when they were going for promotion from the Championship a few years ago and the West Ham support filled about half of the away stand for a 3pm Saturday kick off. Next home game for Wigan was midweek against Sunderland and the away section was already sold out. Big team my arse. 

What's the deal with the Olympic stadium. How much is that costing West Ham. Is it fair that West Ham get the stadium. Personally I like West Ham but hate those two creeps who own it now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

"West Ham will pay £2.5m a year to rent the 60,000-seater Olympic Stadium...West Ham will pay the sum per year over the 99-year lease...The first £4m of any naming rights deal will go to the LLDC and Newham borough, with anything above that between the two bodies and West Ham, although the amount is capped. The rent will be halved to £1.25m if West Ham are relegated."

A few of us went to Wigan v West Ham when they were going for promotion from the Championship a few years ago and the West Ham support filled about half of the away stand for a 3pm Saturday kick off. Next home game for Wigan was midweek against Sunderland and the away section was already sold out. Big team my arse.

So, because they didn't bring a big support on the one occasion you went to a game, that means they can't possibly be a big club?

Interesting logic.

West Ham regularly take massive supports away from home. Anyone who knows anything about English football would know this.

10k to Blackburn on a Sunday afternoon earlier this season season for example. I was also part of their support when they sold out their 4K allocation at Burnley a few years back for a League Cup tie in the middle of winter, on a Wednesday night. This was when there was widespread apathy towards the team and Allardyce.

West Ham have a huge support. I don't see why this seems to upset so many people.

Is this the same stadium that was to be an athletics venue as was stated in the Olympic bid as part of the Olympic legacy?

It will still be an athletics venue as the movable stands cover the track. The new design is similar to the Stade de France. 

ETA - the World Athletics Championships will be held there next year.

So, because they didn't bring a big support on the one occasion you went to a game, that means they can't possibly be a big club?

Interesting logic.

West Ham regularly take massive supports away from home. Anyone who knows anything about English football would know this.

10k to Blackburn on a Sunday afternoon earlier this season season for example. I was also part of their support when they sold out their 4K allocation at Burnley a few years back for a League Cup tie in the middle of winter, on a Wednesday night. This was when there was widespread apathy towards the team and Allardyce.

West Ham have a huge support. I don't see why this seems to upset so many people.

Just going to ignore the questions earlier then? Alright.

Archived