The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

On 13/01/2017 at 04:51, leefy118 said:

18:08
ST MIRREN MAKE SECOND SIGNING

St Mirren hope to boost their Ladbrokes Championship survival fight after landing Dundee striker Rory Loy on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has signed up for a second stint with the Buddies after becoming frustrated with his lack of game-time at Dens Park.

Hartley wouldn't have let him go to another Premiership team so you can calm down.

Supposedly Calvin Zola is on a few clubs radar and was on trial at Partick also heard that we might sneak in and sign him. Is he any good? I don't ever remember seeing him play for Aberdeen. Only scored 3 league goals for them according to Wikipedia and is 32 years old so maybe past his best. Opinions?

2 hours ago, Gingerlad123 said:

Supposedly Calvin Zola is on a few clubs radar and was on trial at Partick

Just so you realise it's absolute nonsense that Zola was on trail for us. No idea where the rumour originated from as I have heard it quite a few times myself.

37 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Heard we've invited David goodwillie to train with us.

Oh that's just perfect timing. Taking our association with criminals to new levels. Adam Johnson up next? Or was that the gag?

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1378283-footballer-david-goodwillie-raped-woman-at-flat-judge-rules/

Edited by Owsley

The boycott news is embarrassing. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination, but boycotting a proverbial 6 pointer game when the club have said they don't need fans is deluded.
Should be attending and making our feelings heard as we have done.
McGowan etc will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of nasty men who swear at the football not attending.

Couldn't agree more. If they want to go to EK for a piss up then let them. Hope they stay there. They are getting slagged to f**k on social media. What fans,etc?[emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The boycott news is embarrassing. I'm not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination, but boycotting a proverbial 6 pointer game when the club have said they don't need fans is deluded.

Should be attending and making our feelings heard as we have done.

McGowan etc will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of nasty men who swear at the football not attending.

It really is embarrassing. For the uninitiated, a prominent letter in the local paper from the We Are Hamilton fans group, stating they will boycott the Killie league game and instead go to watch Selkirk v East Kilbride. If they fancy a piss up somewhere new, fair enough but to dress it up as a boycott is cringeworthy. Why not go to a local junior game instead? I have no qualms with fans voting with their feet, done it myself many times, but to brag that they will still be there when the present custodians have gone? What, you'll still be in Selkirk?

Canning says we need 2 full backs and a striker. Also says we've missed out on 6 potential signings... Be interested how advanced these discussions were or if we have literally just thought about only 6 players. Good to see some communication at any rate.

Boycott won't make any difference as said above. How many will actually take part?

I'm not happy with the way things are going either but if WAH effectively = Section A then they used to be create such a positive atmosphere. Now appear to be completely the opposite.

I wouldn't know as I'm no allowed in the FB group anyway. Must have failed the entry criteria :lol: