Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Instead of getting into a navel gazing exercise about previous gaffers. What counts now is making a successful future.

See what happens after board meeting and I'm sure they'll do what they best for the club.

Looking forward to what comes out of the board meeting.

Whatever decisions are made it is vital we regroup as fans to ensure we can still enjoy the club in generations to come.

Hopefully depending on ownership rules we can get a more social gathering going pre and post match to help create a good pre match atmosphere about the place and to generate funds.

Our club should be able to do that since we are so small with fans mixing with staff and players at full time but our unfortunate situation does not always make this viable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans don't make policy decisions, nor should we (other than the chairman and directors who are, of course, fans who love the club). However, we must all be in this together, for the sake of the future of Cowdenbeath FC. The fans, though, are expected to put their hands in their pockets to help keep the club alive. Their views are important, even though they don't ultimately make the decisions.

I don't hear any fans making a convincing case that Colin Nish should continue in the job. His contract is at an end, and he should be thanked for his services. For most supporters, what matters is that we at least compete on the field of play, and that our manager's player recruitment, team selections and organisational and motivational skills are up to the job. Bluntly, since the last days of the Jimmy Nic era (especially after he said on radio that he had tried to resign three times) we haven't had that. This has led to despondency on the terracing. The whole club needs a lift right now. With the right decisions, we can go forward in hope and realistically aim for promotion in the coming season.

Agree with that but there's still plenty of time. Arbroath have gone balls deep early on this window but doesn't mean it's for the best.

Actually having a defence at the start of next season would be an amazing plus - and no Michael Andrews!

No really. Had such a huge clear out that we are now probably back on par with most clubs, 9/10 players signed. This year you've got to have everything done quite early too. First games are league cup mid July and you can't play trialists.

Id imagine someone like Mark Burchill would be keen to join us and would be within our budget. Not saying id want him but thats the kind of guy. People like Mculloch and danny lennon would be non starters purely down to money.

Jim goodwin player manager?? (just thinkin of random lads now for the banter.)

Grant Adam any use?

He's a good shot stopper but is prone to the odd moment of madness.  Has a cracking kick when he doesn't drill it out straight out for a throw in.  He signed for you guys?

Grant Adam any use?

Eta: just a rumour like.

There's definitely a good goalkeeper in there. Lapses of concentration now and again let him down. However they are becoming infrequent. I give him plus marks for the half season he played for us this year.

He's a good shot stopper but is prone to the odd moment of madness. Has a cracking kick when he doesn't drill it out straight out for a throw in. He signed for you guys?

No nothing at all just heard a few rumours and was wondering if he was any decent. Sounds alright then. Who knows maybe something will come of it.

Id imagine someone like Mark Burchill would be keen to join us and would be within our budget. Not saying id want him but thats the kind of guy. People like Mculloch and danny lennon would be non starters purely down to money.

Jim goodwin player manager?? (just thinkin of random lads now for the banter.)

It all depends how much folk want to get back into management sometimes Nelly, Danny's reputation took a wee battering after the first half of the season at Alloa.

I wouldn't imagine him being on a fortune during his caretaker role at Airdrie. Burchill maybe wouldn't be that bad done reasonably well at Livi where I imagine it can't be easy to work given all that's happening off the park there.

Are you called Colin H as that's all you could spell?

I wouldn't criticise anyone for not being able to spell, its him having the sentence structure of a drunken Yoda that baffles me.

:lol:

Fucking hell, Cowden fans dishing out spelling and grammar lessons. We are through the looking glass now folks.

Archived