CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

7 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

How long Did Mcdonald play . Quick head slow legs or neither ??

MacDonald was fine. Was starting to tire towards the end of his appearance but he still looked fairly mobile. What I will say is, he had one chance and he took it.

Looked good. With a few games under his belt will be a real asset. Had an early chance which goalie did well to save.I didn't realise Celtic's first goal was scored by the young guy we had on loan a couple of years ago-it was an absolute screamer.Also good to see some very prominent Bully Wee and Clyde Foundation signage dwarfing the Colts signage opposite the main stand.Almost felt like our ground again.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Argh. Was hopin the rodgers bounce effect would have brought out more from croy. Against Contrary they obviously can read and realised it was their U20s & not an X1. Ach well

The Celtic first team are on a pre season tour of Slovenia just now which is well documented on Twitter etc so everyone would know it would be the development squad. I'd say 300 is decent for a friendly mind you. 

Have reason to believe that Croy is actually equipped with a mainline railway station, albeit getting a bus from there to Broadwood, despite the relative proximity, appears rather problematic.

Mind you, looking at the various descriptions of today's opposition, we may regard a draw against the Celtic (under) XI's as better than most of our recent friendly or indeed cup results.

Having said that, hope springs eternal,.

Mon the Bully!

21 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Who were the 3 trialists? Presuming two would have been the goalkeeper and Ferguson's son.

Think the keeper was in the stand and no sign of fergusons boy. I only remember Darren Ramsay coming on. 

Clyde are clutching at straws if they think Barry is going to turn them around the guy is merely stronger than the board who basically are afraid of him it's very laughable to be honest does as he wishes if truth be told how long before more new recruits when season begins its beyond a joke now show some bawls now board of directors ffs

Trialist goalkeeper was McMillan, trialist #16 came on for McLaughlin but didn't really show anything good or bad. There was another one listed as #22 on the team sheet but not sure what happened to him, wasn't warming up at any point.

Calm down guys, Fergusons boy is going to the USA on a scholarship he won't be signing only here to make up numbers on the bench, don't expect any more signings unless it's a loan deal. 

Think we'll need a couple more players even if they're only bench players as fergie is out till October and JP till September and with a small squad I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more players.