CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

How much do think it would cost to run a football ground per year ?

That's electric, maintenance, rates , insurance?

100 fans per home roughly pays 90% of that

So add 100 fans per home game at today's rates and it's the equivalent of it being rent free

I'm no great fan of Broadwood but I still think it's not the worst option at the moment

Not sure but I think it's closer to 200 fans to pay for the hire. We only play at home fortnightly.

You also inform us that many fans are not coming to games now for many reasons and that attendance is in a potentially mortal decline but you think we'll add 100 fans regularly.

Not sure but I think it's closer to 200 fans to pay for the hire. We only play at home fortnightly.
You also inform us that many fans are not coming to games now for many reasons and that attendance is in a potentially mortal decline but you think we'll add 100 fans regularly.

18 home games 1500 a game

What I said was if you can add 100 a game we had nearly 700 at Forfar game down to 468 on Saturday
Improve on park fans will return and organise the club better PR , promoting games improve match day experience

Only an opinion

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Surely one of the problems, and it's big one at that, is that we are also unable to gain revenue through the stadium.

It would be different if we were able to sublet the stadium, earn income from pitchside advertising, catering etc.

It will never happen at Broadwood. That's one of the main reasons that I think we need to leave.

Progress had been made on that front and it's not entirely the case. But we haven't been able to sublet a stadium since 1936.  If we look at the well publicised recent proposals, we wouldnt either.  Two groundshares and an allegedly enhanced version of what we have at the moment.

Barring a multimillionaire coming in and building something which would send out a signal of "ambitious club" in a community where there was any potential at all, IE VERY few in Glasgow except perhaps Shawfield itself, what version of leaving Broadwood do you think would represent an interesting future? 

There's no doubt 300 fans at a subbuteo ground at Shettleston or Glencairn will sound louder than at Broadwood, but how does that help longer term?  Were you thinking all this when there was 3600 for our first game in the 1st Division in 2000?  Only half full but I didnt hear anyone complaining about the atmosphere

Unless you mean our lot is forever in League 1 / 2, then you've a point

Sounds to me that the new people at NLL are at least willing to listen.  If Clyde leave, and with it any potential media publicity whatsover on a regular basis, how exactly are they going to sell pitchside advertising?  If we were to progress even to the Championship, what do NLL have now that can come anywhere close to that level of footfall every 2 weeks?  How does it look for a public body accountable to taxpayers to lose their only ever senior team and be left with little more than a training facility for rugby with 8000 empty seats?  Serious people would realise this, have a sit down and negotiate a mutually beneficial arrangement.

We're no longer in debt.

How was Aidan Mcilduff at youse? Signed for Qp

Seemed lightweight and didn't really impress. He was very young then. I think the opportunity came too early in his career.
Can't say I was much more impressed in the preseason match although he did score.

He has a reasonable reputation and looks ok from the little I've seen. But then that could be said for 1000 youth players who find themselves very quickly trying to find a junior club.

Plays upfront but think he is more of a linkup player than predator. Pretty sure he played against you pre-season.