CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

It sounds like a good appointment and his background in regeneration projects could be helpful. It's also good that both he & his father played for the club.

Background in regeneration projects. Mmmmm!!

I wonder if there are any current regeneration projects that are rumoured to involve football stadiums. Perhaps near somewhere that Clyde may consider "within its NATURAL local and footballing community" [emoji57]

Young Chairman aswell in comparsion with most clubs. Hopefully he.ll bring fresh ideas and unite the support but its a two way job. Stay up this season. Appoint Martin lauchlan or Billy Stark. New players and Win league. In that order.

My sentiments exactly will leave next manager till a bit later on [emoji6]

It sounds like a good appointment and his background in regeneration projects could be helpful. It's also good that both he & his father played for the club.

With all due respect doesn't really matter if he played or his father played for the club if he can turn us around

However is nice to have someone with connections at the top of the club

26 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

With all due respect doesn't really matter if he played or his father played for the club if he can turn us around

However is nice to have someone with connections at the top of the club

I agree completely but it's just good to have someone that has a connection to the club.

9 hours ago, Fat Sally said:

Bobby Gracey to add some showbiz to Clyde.

Stevie Tennant to come in and be ignored.

SLW to see Clyde fans supporting Scottish independence and to throw his toys out of the pram again.

Well so far the new chairman has failed on 1 item. Impossible to unite the fans whilst snidey no marks exist.

On 12/03/2017 at 07:54, BinoBalls said:

This midweek you finally have a rest. And then on Saturday you play Edinburgh, who themselves have a game on Wednesday night. 

Prediction: Clyde will win on Saturday and revert more to their top-half form for the rest of the season.

:whistle

I remember his dad playing for us, good player who was signed to replace a Scottish international in Archie Robertson. I must have missed Norrie jnr's contributions under wee craigy. Don't think he played that often, but could be wrong.

Archie played with us until 1961 whilst Innes left in 1959. Innes Junior played 2 games in 83/84. Easy to miss.

So we went 13 games or whatever it was without a league win and the manager offers his resignation (no talk whatsoever about being sacked), we "reluctantly accept" and the board then deem what can get us out this rut by recruiting within the dressing room. Two players who are part of the playing squad who have embarrassed us this season from start to finish. With f**k all managerial experience. Why? Cowdenbeath have taken on Gary Locke purely to go in there and fire a rocket up the players arses and remind everyone (including himself by the way) this is the last chance saloon.  Why do we have two people who are part of a decimated dressing room made responsible? One of which is our sole goalscorer who doesn't have enough on his plate. 

The usual reply will be why I don't step up and do something about this because we're a CIC and all this shite. The CIC was a money making exorcise, nothing else. Its been proved it doesn't work. 

We are a fucking shambles and we lose next Saturday at Cowdenbeath we are in danger of going out of business. 

So we went 13 games or whatever it was without a league win and the manager offers his resignation (no talk whatsoever about being sacked), we "reluctantly accept" and the board then deem what can get us out this rut by recruiting within the dressing room. Two players who are part of the playing squad who have embarrassed us this season from start to finish. With f**k all managerial experience. Why? Cowdenbeath have taken on Gary Locke purely to go in there and fire a rocket up the players arses and remind everyone (including himself by the way) this is the last chance saloon.  Why do we have two people who are part of a decimated dressing room made responsible? One of which is our sole goalscorer who doesn't have enough on his plate. 
The usual reply will be why I don't step up and do something about this because we're a CIC and all this shite. The CIC was a money making exorcise, nothing else. Its been proved it doesn't work. 
We are a fucking shambles and we lose next Saturday at Cowdenbeath we are in danger of going out of business. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This a hundred times over!!!!!

Why have you got two inexperienced guys running the team
Well the board has no money left to employ anybody else to do it , they must be still paying BM as there is no news of him leaving . It is just sheer incompetence ,
First thing the new chairman will hopefully get rid of is the cronyism that is endemic throughout the club , back the board back the management, you get bit of hospitality , free trip on the team bus mix with the players , and of course a slot at the golf day . Hopefully the guy can bring professionalism to all areas of the club that will require a cleansing top to bottom. Who is to blame for this mess we are in ? There are degrees of blame , but everyone of us has to shoulder some responsibility we have sat and watched the club sink further and further and basically did nothing about it , myself included . I hope the new chairman gets a free reign to revitalise the club that will mean a whole new fresh management throughout the club ,a club free of agendas, back slapping , old pals acts

Let's hope this is within the Scottish football league