CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Ask them yourself. Have you never wondered the amount of people who spend 6-18 months at the club, and why?

It's amazing. If i were in possession of a blazer and a tie, you'd be gasping for the sweat off my jockstrap. Every word taken as gospel. What a state to be in. 

And again you still manage to avoid stating any actual evidence. You just made it up.
Enjoy your evening. I'll check in tomorrow for the next installment of the voices inside your head. Remember to take your meds.

Of course the season has been a shambles. They should have got rid of Barry after the Stirling Albion game.

You are setting the new chair up to fail if you tell him to get rid of the current board though. That's obvious.

He's already going to have to find a new management team and a new commercial director and now your asking him to replace all the other directors as well? Whilst doing this you expect him to also relocate the club? That's a massive amount of pressure to put on the guy.

Where will these new directors come from? Will you expect him to find these replacements from his business contacts, persuade them that it's a job worth doing for free and then hope they hit the ground running? He's going to have to piss with the cock he's got and we have to support him otherwise it's fucked. Time people got realistic.

I don't think I'm setting him up to fail , it's only my opinion I think the club needs a radical shake up , no I didn't you expect him to replace an entire board in one fell swoop , but would expect to to see a different one this time next season . He has some job on his hands turning the club around he has pointed out areas of the club that are performing very poorly , in fact he didn't really indicate any but that was doing well . My real point is the CIC only works with real fan engagement ( his words ) for that to happen fans need to see change and buy into the model . Clearly and by the statement of the club at Xmas it's not happening and agree he has to let get on with it , it's not like other businesses you say you have shares in , do they ask you to volunteer to work with them ? And the financial commitment I'm sure if the company's were performing as poorly as Clyde are shareholders would be demanding change.
.let's hope he can revitalise the club and get fans pulling in the same direction. The only way I see that happening get is with a radical change in attitude at the club. I have never been a fan of the CIC , but if under Innes we can make a success of it .I will be more than delighted to eat humble pie in the centre spot as part of the half time entertainment [emoji6]

Way off topic - can any of the auld codgers (like me) remember a pre-season friendly at Shawfield against Alex Fergusons all conquering Aberdeen side ? - that was the first time we (I) had ever experienced casuals (was probably 1982-83), think there was a few arrests from the group of rather well dressed young men, we found it all rather bizzare ??

Way off topic - can any of the auld codgers (like me) remember a pre-season friendly at Shawfield against Alex Fergusons all conquering Aberdeen side ? - that was the first time we (I) had ever experienced casuals (was probably 1982-83), think there was a few arrests from the group of rather well dressed young men, we found it all rather bizzare ??

I remember it but was it not a league cup game ? Think it was just as the whole casual thing started......adidas tracksuits everywhere !

Was it not the Scottish Cup?? A few arrests on both sides I think.
Think the Aberdeen casuals had been in the papers the previous week at Motherwell for causing trouble.

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Haven't there been plans to bring Third Lanark back (as a senior club) for years?

Aye, their first will be the inaugural Pie in the Sky Cup against Clyde. The winners get Livi, who will get a bye to the final every year. Venue to be decided. 

McNiff, Flynn, Ferguson, McNeil and another that escapes me just now are on deals into next season. Not a bad start. If we had Easton and fit it's a great start. Playing behind DGW would be unplayable in this league.

McNiff, Flynn, Ferguson, McNeil and another that escapes me just now are on deals into next season. Not a bad start. If we had Easton and fit it's a great start. Playing behind DGW would be unplayable in this league.

Lowden on two year deal Connor Quinn as goalie would do for me