CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I would keep Easton, Linton, Lowdon, Junior, Gormley, Flynn, Peaso, Scott Ferguson

I don't think Flynn, Gormley or Ferguson's performances over the season warrant new contracts.

I also doubt Easton or Linton will be at Clyde next season sadly.

Obviously all depends on League status, but looking on the bright side and we remain then keep:

Easton, Lowden, Peaso, McNeil, McNiff, Gormley, Goodwillie (if interested in staying) perhaps Flynn and Junior. The fact Easton has not played may the reason we will hang on to him.

Unfortunatly, rest simply not good enough.. Sorry, Scott Ferguson whether it's injuries or not has just not been at the races since he initially broke into the team in his first season. 

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

Dont think we should want him to stay either. Total shadow of himself. Sad but thats business.

Aye it's really unfortunate but I doubt either Clyde or Fergie himself would gain much benefit for him to stay. Shame, thought when he broke through we had a real talent on our hands. 

Interesting listening to to what is happening at Paartick Thistle.They are not being gifted a training complex but entering into a commercial agreement.Albeit if it wasn't for the Weirs they would be getting nothing.But Ian Maxwell's comment that the complex does not have to be in the Maryhill area and that they would welcome a partnership agreement with another Club got me thinking.Could there be an opportunity for us here?

Interesting listening to to what is happening at Paartick Thistle.They are not being gifted a training complex but entering into a commercial agreement.Albeit if it wasn't for the Weirs they would be getting nothing.But Ian Maxwell's comment that the complex does not have to be in the Maryhill area and that they would welcome a partnership agreement with another Club got me thinking.Could there be an opportunity for us here?

4 million training ground we could pay half or change our name to clyde thistle

Speak to Mr Innes sure he is up for some blue sky thinking

Ps wouldn't take a free life long let for it of that mob

But feel free to sell the clubs soul it's been tried before might work this time [emoji23]

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Presuming Clyde stay up who do you see coming in as Manager ? 

Personally, I'd like to see us try to get Danny Lennon in. Did a really good job at Cowdenbeath then St Mirren, whose board made the very strange decision to offer Tommy Craig the managers job when Lennons contract was up. Listened to the recent interview with Lennon on BBC and it certainly sounded like Craig hadn't been doing much 'assisting' of Lennon towards the end. He was asked if he would consider the likes of the vacancies at Clyde and his reaction was fairly positive, acknowledging he would probably have to step down to get back into the game. What did seem to come across was that he was really keen to get another chance after going through a tough period. Comes across as a decent guy too. 

21 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:

Saw an article where Linton was saying the same. Talked about how they stayed in the 'best hotels' when playing away at some games. This just makes the current situation worse in my view and raises questions about the motivation of the players. 

Saw an article where Linton was saying the same. Talked about how they stayed in the 'best hotels' when playing away at some games. This just makes the current situation worse in my view and raises questions about the motivation of the players. 

Says more about the players than Ferguson management skills that's why a clear out is required

Ps couldn't careless if the players read P&B in fact I hope they do let them know exactly what a good few of us think of them

Just about all of the current squad.Read their interviews in the match programme or on the Clyde site.Or even more recently Linton's interview in the Herald.

Don't read Broadwood pravda and the Herald article appeared at the time Ferguson was sniffing about the Rangers assistant post , surprise surprise