CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Pair of fucking idiots the two of them! I've said my piece towards Tennent as he's on the Facebook page, that c**t DisGracey getting his oar in to, who the f**k is he to talk about Morals?? Sooner we get those two c***s away from our name we'll be able to rescue this club without those two fannies involved. 

That's right these two are responsible for where we are today [emoji23]

Disgusted by some supposed Clyde fans (John Mason, Stevie Tennant etc) using the Goodwillie signing for their own agenda.

I know I'll probably regret this - but where I'm totally uncomfortable with the ruling against Goodwillie is the matter of £100K "compensation", and if one report (in the Retard) is to be believed, the victim was hoping to receive £500K compensation. Why? Surely it should all be about her version of events being believed or not.

The next point I'm uncomfortable with is the accusation that Goodwillie hasn't shown any remorse, as he hasn't apologised. I believe he has appealed the ruling, so in that case how would it help his appeal to admit his guilt by apologising. 

As somebody who has a conviction for police assault, (for absolutely skelping a PC's fist with my chin) - I don't have great faith in Scottish justice (other than the fact that I was admonished, which according to my lawyer meant the judge believed my version of events, but had to be seen to be backing the police).

My final point is - is Ched Evans a rapist or not? (He wasn't, until found guilty. Then he was, when sentenced, Then he wasn't, when he won his appeal). The actual incident never changed, but his status in the eyes of the law, and the public, did.

What if Goodwillie wins an appeal? Guilty of appalling behaviour - Yes. But a rapist?

I don't think the negative publicity from this signing is helping our cause, but I believe it's wrong to use it as an excuse for not supporting the team. 

The whole present situation is just another absolute disastrous/ incompetent/ idiotic/ moronic (select as applicable) decision by the people running the club
Just add it to the name change , endlessly failed relocations , allowing the team to get to the brink of lowland league

Remember this is the crew that couldn't even organise where to house less than 100 away fans in a 4000 seater stand
Oh and the generation shirts [emoji23]

11 hours ago, cfcuk said:

So what do you think their agenda is ?

FWIW, I think it was blatant exploitation of the Goodwillie signing to attempt to further their cause by discrediting the Board (even more)

In my mind that sets their moral compass even lower than what they claim the Board's is.

As others have said, how on earth would the Beeb find Tennant, and since when did Clyde fans hang around Broadwood on non match days. Obviously set up.

On the other hand, I don't think we've ever had so much news footage of Broadwood since Man U came calling.

It's tempting to adopt Phineas T Barnum's philosophy, but I'd get lambasted for that.

FWIW, I think it was blatant exploitation of the Goodwillie signing to attempt to further their cause by discrediting the Board (even more)
In my mind that sets their moral compass even lower than what they claim the Board's is.
As others have said, how on earth would the Beeb find Tennant, and since when did Clyde fans hang around Broadwood on non match days. Obviously set up.
On the other hand, I don't think we've ever had so much news footage of Broadwood since Man U came calling.
It's tempting to adopt Phineas T Barnum's philosophy, but I'd get lambasted for that.

Who knows you could be right

The problem is its not two guys who have no influence in the club coming on Tv with what ever agendas
It's not the signing of DGW that has us on the brink of the lowland

you mention P T Barnum, this last week has been a circus I won't comment on the signing think there has been more than enough said

But the whole episode simply deflects from the real villains the leadership ( if that's what you call it ) that has us where we are today the club has been full of agendas for years one man's crusade to get us to the promised land of EK even at the expense of the clubs name, failed relocations to numerous to mention this and many more

And now facing the real prospect of falling out of the league

We need to stay up first and foremost then let's not revise history as has been done in the past The CIC has been a disaster it's allowed for no accountability
Unless there is a change in the club structure you will be back here maybe not next year but most certainly in the future

I've made my position clear that i am against Goodwillie's signing. I also think it brings the name of the club into disrepute.

However, I'm interested in who Tennant and Gracie think they are representing, if anyone. They have no official status as club or fan representives.

I would also be interested in their view during Strachan and Lithgow's time at the club. I'm sure they were just as vociferous but i cant seem to find anything on line.

Did they raise it at the AGM perhaps?

I've made my position clear that i am against Goodwillie's signing. I also think it brings the name of the club into disrepute.

However, I'm interested in who Tennant and Gracie think they are representing, if anyone. They have no official status as club or fan representives.

I would also be interested in their view during Strachan and Lithgow's time at the club. I'm sure they were just as vociferous but i cant seem to find anything on line.

Did they raise it at the AGM perhaps?

Bit like the other guy who was on the piece saying how he wasn't coming back and there were quiete a few he knew weren't coming back , he just happens to be at Broadwood mid afternoon on a Wednesday [emoji23]

Everyone of them don't represent anybody apart from themselves last time I looked we had free speech in the country ( limited I know )

If fans want to express opinions on TV radio etc what's the problem?

You are entitled to come on here and give your views but if you don't agree with someone else they are not ?

Supporting clyde used to be about going to games following the team you love

Have look back to see when it desended into a football civil war might give you a clue as to why

I seen a letter that a fan wrote to the club on Twitter, so I'm guessing it's the same one George Lennox appeared on BBC News with that he wrote. Weird that the letter said that Saturday's game was the one of the only home matches he's missed because of Goodwillie's signing, considering we were playing away...

I seen a letter that a fan wrote to the club on Twitter, so I'm guessing it's the same one George Lennox appeared on BBC News with that he wrote. Weird that the letter said that Saturday's game was the one of the only home matches he's missed because of Goodwillie's signing, considering we were playing away...

Exactly.

Never seen this guy before and ive been going nearly 50 years !

On 4/5/2017 at 12:20, RutherGlen said:

I don't understand the mentality of those who say they intend to boycott games, withdraw support etc. while Goodwillie is on our books. Attending games with him in the team is not an act of condonation - either of his crime or that of the board's decision to sign him. We support Clyde FC , not Goodwillie. Clyde is so much more than individuals - whether that be playing staff or the blazer clad brigade. 

As for the point about professional footballers being role models for our young people - I agree, to an extent they are. However, as human beings they are also prone to a wild array of behaviour from the admirable to disgusting and in this case - criminal. That said, I don't believe that by signing him we are in any way sending a message that his crimes are not particularly serious. I think the resounding message here is one of forgiveness and rehabilitation in light of a very serious crime having been committed. Hopefully our young people will learn that even the most talented and privileged in our society are often far from the image of perfection they would like to perpetuate. They may also see that even when such individuals conduct themselves in the most abhorrent manner, a civilised society such as this would seek to build something positive out of the disaster created.

Having said all that, I am for a multitude of reasons, actually opposed to the signing of Goodwillie. However, I am not prepared to allow one individual to fast track our relegation and, ultimately, destroy our club.

It's worth pointing out that Goodwillie has not been convicted of any crime.

20 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:

Never seen this guy before and ive been going nearly 50 years !

Was thinking the same myself. He didn't seem at all familiar to me. Anybody know him?

1 point off the play offs , next year's playing budget allegedly shot to bits , a PR disaster and 5 ( could be 7) games to save the club from dropping out the league

What are the Clyde fans main concern two guys who have no influence on the club and the identify of a mystery fan ????

No wonder we are in the state we are in at present

I'm just glad they fixed the floodlights , hot water and colour of the first teams socks [emoji32]

23 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

1 point off the play offs , next year's playing budget allegedly shot to bits , a PR disaster and 5 ( could be 7) games to save the club from dropping out the league

What are the Clyde fans main concern two guys who have no influence on the club and the identify of a mystery fan

No wonder we are in the state we are in at present

I'm just glad they fixed the floodlights , hot water and colour of the first teams socks

So because some of us aren't happy about the Beeb being manipulated and curious as to the identity of a "Clyde fan" it's suddenly our main concern?

Get a grip.

And would you like to pass on your source for next years playing budget being allegedly shot to bits?