CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Good statement. Now time for club to approach EK and martin lauchlan if permission allowed before we miss the boat and possible lose a very good young manager to say another club from league above

Never know you might get to sit beside him in the dugout [emoji6]

Who will Clyde fans be supporting next year when your club ceases to exist?

Well being of a certain vintage where you supported one team no i dont have an english team ( never understood what that pish is about ) it's going to be a bit difficult

However I could join the ranks of the football tourists and pick a team probably Italy as it's my most favourite country where football is taken seriously [emoji4] and they don't piss about telling you about there other team

Yes im a traditionalist , Dinasuar, or old fud insert where applicable

Just now, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Borussia Dortmund or Schalke, followed by Athletic Bilbao , St Etienne and of course my two favourites Real Betis & Fiorentina.

Loads of places to go.

I thought that was a list of ground share possibilities.

15 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Professional courtesy? Personal pride? 

In all your years of following the club, like the rest of us, when have you ever known the sort of statements from fans like there have been, or the atmosphere surrounding the club? 

They just don't want to. 

Sometimes, when your confidence is on the floor and nothing goes right, all the professional courtesy and personal pride in the world isn't enough. In the absence of a strong leader on the park giving the team some momentum (and we don't have that) only the fans can collectively lift a struggling team.

You are right about never having known the sort of statements from fans that we are seeing right now, but that doesn't make it right to walk away when we are needed.

We need to be big enough to put aside whatever our grievances may be for the next few weeks and do whatever we can to try to rescue this situation.

Hopefully the new chairman can be the catalyst required for better things going forward. But I certainly don't want that new start to be in the Lowland League.

My personal pride won't let me walk away, and deep down you know yours won't either.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought that was a list of ground share possibilities.

We would take the discussions so far before walking out on the Spanish ones because they didn't have pies, and confusing the Germans by trying to explain a CIC. The French is a non starter with Saint in their name.

Back to discussions with Cambuslang Rangers and Drumsagard BC.

Just now, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

We would take the discussions so far before walking out on the Spanish ones because they didn't have pies, and confusing the Germans by trying to explain a CIC. The French is a non starter with Saint in their name.

Back to discussions with Cambuslang Rangers and Drumsagard BC.

Don't forget Kilsyth.

Sometimes, when your confidence is on the floor and nothing goes right, all the professional courtesy and personal pride in the world isn't enough. In the absence of a strong leader on the park giving the team some momentum (and we don't have that) only the fans can collectively lift a struggling team.
You are right about never having known the sort of statements from fans that we are seeing right now, but that doesn't make it right to walk away when we are needed.
We need to be big enough to put aside whatever our grievances may be for the next few weeks and do whatever we can to try to rescue this situation.
Hopefully the new chairman can be the catalyst required for better things going forward. But I certainly don't want that new start to be in the Lowland League.
My personal pride won't let me walk away, and deep down you know yours won't either.

They got terrific backing on Saturday and produced a putrid display, not a word anywhere thanking the fans, so if people feel like giving up or have given up you wonder why

Maybe you should write to club tell them and the players to give a bit of respect to fans rather them treating them like imbeciles

I refuse to beg. I'm sorry if thats not the party line, but i'm sick of heartfelt calls to arms and declarations of evermore support, as quite simply no one rattling the sabres seems bothered to ask the questions of why this has happened, far less do anything about it. This is your football club for f**k sake, and all ive heard from people is greetin' and desperation. People need to grow up and accept that we completely deserve this, 100%. 

Agree 100% fans run club (apparently) we have all sat back and watch this unfold this hasn't just happened over 4 months

Let's hope this is the turning point and if one good thing comes out of this car crash of a season it is that the present structure needs a whole new rethink, anybody who still thinks the CIC is the way forward is at best deluded.

Staying up first priority end of

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Agree 100% fans run club (apparently) we have all sat back and watch this unfold this hasn't just happened over 4 months

Let's hope this is the turning point and if one good thing comes out of this car crash of a season it is that the present structure needs a whole new rethink, anybody who still thinks the CIC is the way forward is at best deluded.

Staying up first priority end of

Can't really disagree with any of that, but the last sentence is absolutely correct.

But that is most certainly not going to helped by fans staying away or not giving the team their full support. End of.