CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Think we all agree on a relocation, IMO we need to get close to a community not just in terms of interaction but distance, as has been said before a stadium in bedded in a community not stuck out miles from town. Where it's a focus for locals rutherglen and surrounding area would be perfect , good transport links regeneration etc. The size forthbank for me . I know so easy people don't like it but Broadwood is a cracking stadium with good views of the pitch , unfortunately the move to cumbernauld hasn't worked no point in going over why , but let's hope we have learned some lessons . The club itself needs a whole new rethink fresh ideas in the boardroom and an entire new skills set , can Innes deliver this or do we need another model that's the big question If Innes is to be taken as a credible chairman then there has to be specific targets and dates applied , how many years have we been told this is happening that is happening and absolutely nothing comes of it . If he wants to succeed then he has to take the fans along with him , openness and transparency , something that we haven't had for a long while now.

It's probably been covered before but why is Glencairn not an option? You wouldn't be starting from scratch and couldn't be better placed?

If he wants to succeed then he has to take the fans along with him , openness and transparency , something that we haven't had for a long while now.

You are laying out the ground for him to fail already.
He will be bound by the same commercial confidentiality as any other previous chair. He will be subject to the same online rumour mill.

I can see it now. Innes announces we are in discussions with GCC for a bit of land. Thistle then appear and want the same piece of land to build their new training ground or worse still try and get us to share with them. Glasgow Warriors will want land, Glasgow City will want land.

These things come about over lunches and by shaking hands with the right people. There will be setbacks and there will be problems to over come. Targets and deadlines will be missed. Doing it in the public eye will not make it easier. I don't want weekly, monthly or quarterly updates on what they have been doing. I just want them to get on with the job.

The guy has an extensive CV and is clearly qualified to deliver. If any posters on here think they match his experience and skills then get them involved. I'm happy to leave him to it. I'll judge him on of he manages it not how much info he gives me. I don't need to know the ins and outs because I'll elect board members to do that for me. I'm a shareholder in a few large companies, I don't scrutinise every decision and transaction. People are employed to do that on my behalf.

The timelines make it clear that the current board will have been involved in identifying potential sites and it was the current board who brought in Innes. I don't see what good it would do to start "clearing out" the very people he signed up to work with. Hopefully he can add to skills that are already there.

I was in the Clyde View Match day programme  for the Annan Game! And I got My Programme  Autographed By The New Clyde Chairman Norrie Innes! Ps: I also got an award for all the work I've doing helping with The Carbon Clyde Project!

Well done. Keep up the good work!

So, just how much info have you gotten, from this elected board? Those 'lunches and handshakes' have gotten us really well placed among all those relocation attempts. 

From what i hear, Innes' appointment was about as popular among the board as a United Airlines flight to Pyongyang. 

For a man who constantly derides others you think are friendly with board members, how would you know that Innes's appointment is unpopular with board members?

Innes has been co-opted on to the board by a majority vote of board members, he was then made Chair by a majority vote of board members. At the AGM he will have to be ratified by a majority of owners. If they are unhappy then board members will have had 3 chances to vote against his appointment by the end of the next AGM.

Be honest. You just made that up didn't you?

Heard there is another ex English Premier league player wanting the Clyde job but again lacks managerial experience, wel all know how that one turned out last time but very interesting :blink: #BigClub 

Seriously. Have you not learnt your lesson?

You are laying out the ground for him to fail already.
He will be bound by the same commercial confidentiality as any other previous chair. He will be subject to the same online rumour mill.

I can see it now. Innes announces we are in discussions with GCC for a bit of land. Thistle then appear and want the same piece of land to build their new training ground or worse still try and get us to share with them. Glasgow Warriors will want land, Glasgow City will want land.

These things come about over lunches and by shaking hands with the right people. There will be setbacks and there will be problems to over come. Targets and deadlines will be missed. Doing it in the public eye will not make it easier. I don't want weekly, monthly or quarterly updates on what they have been doing. I just want them to get on with the job.

The guy has an extensive CV and is clearly qualified to deliver. If any posters on here think they match his experience and skills then get them involved. I'm happy to leave him to it. I'll judge him on of he manages it not how much info he gives me. I don't need to know the ins and outs because I'll elect board members to do that for me. I'm a shareholder in a few large companies, I don't scrutinise every decision and transaction. People are employed to do that on my behalf.

The timelines make it clear that the current board will have been involved in identifying potential sites and it was the current board who brought in Innes. I don't see what good it would do to start "clearing out" the very people he signed up to work with. Hopefully he can add to skills that are already there.

Where did I say I wanted every detail

My point is the crap that has been dished out over the years , you forgot about name change ?

These guys have done a brilliant job haven't they ? Have you read innes statement he tell you everything that's wrong commercial, youth etc

clearly you don't care what the board do , looking at the shambles that has been this season you think give them another go

All about opinions

Where did I say I wanted every detail

My point is the crap that has been dished out over the years , you forgot about name change ?

These guys have done a brilliant job haven't they ? Have you read innes statement he tell you everything that's wrong commercial, youth etc

clearly you don't care what the board do , looking at the shambles that has been this season you think give them another go

All about opinions

Of course the season has been a shambles. They should have got rid of Barry after the Stirling Albion game.

You are setting the new chair up to fail if you tell him to get rid of the current board though. That's obvious.

He's already going to have to find a new management team and a new commercial director and now your asking him to replace all the other directors as well? Whilst doing this you expect him to also relocate the club? That's a massive amount of pressure to put on the guy.

Where will these new directors come from? Will you expect him to find these replacements from his business contacts, persuade them that it's a job worth doing for free and then hope they hit the ground running? He's going to have to piss with the cock he's got and we have to support him otherwise it's fucked. Time people got realistic.

Not a bit of it. At least, no more made up, than dicks like you continuing to accuse supporters of wishing the appointment, the team, the club etc to fail. Honestly, Sally....your buddies ain't that fucking important, outwith their own bubble. 

Innes, by my calculations, wouldn't have fared any better, and most certainly a lot worse, in surrounding himself in Yes men, given the scale and significance of his extensive work. Im sure he doesn't need advice from their cronies in this instance, in how to achieve his goals, but i'm sure you'll get the attention you're looking for if you have a problem with anything he does going forward. 

What makes you say that Norrie Innes's appointment is unpopular amongst the board?

Back your statement up with facts or its nothing more than made up nonsense.

FS you are fighting a losing battle.If your post doesn't contain a criticism of the current Board then Mr Penguin will hit you with a load of verbal diarrhoea which will always include you must be friends with them and privy to their innermost faults.

It must be obvious to everyone why Norrie Innes has been brought on to the Board.If he ruffles a few feathers in moving things forward so be it.

Penguin's posts put me in mind of someone who has discovered there are lots of big words in a dictionary.When he learns how to use them his posts might start to make some sense.

Hit a nerve, Sal? I'll gladly chat anywhere than on here. Even i have my boundaries. 

Ok, I understand that you don't want to drop your handler in it by divulging your sources. Maybe then you could ask them to explain why if Innes is so unpopular did the board vote for him twice to install him in the role of Chairman? Report back to us here. Thanks.

Aye, cos' i'll do what YOU tell me, you sanctimonious breast. 

There's plenty of evidence of this current bunch pissing people about, by dithering and flapping like fannies. If you don't believe the business community of our locale don't speak to one another, and the frightening amount of relocation, sponsorship and business opportunities fucked up hasn't been noticed, even if shielded brilliantly by your handlers, you're even more deluded than i first thought.

Innes is a proven success, and simply wouldn't act so unprofessionally. Maybe some are afraid they'll be found out. 

Plenty of evidence yet you seem unable to provide us with any specific examples.

You said you had heard that Innes is unpopular with the current board. Please tell us where you heard this or admit you made it up.

Did you hear it from a director? Second hand, third hand? Maybe the voice inside your head told you?

It's a simple question. If he's unpopular with the current board then we should know why. Tell us.