CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Peter MacDonald, if you can get him fit, will score plenty in this league. One of the players I'd always wanted to see in a Sons' shirt a few years back. Outstanding finisher if you can get him the service.

Fantastic news then! Sounds like wee bazza has done some good business here

Anyone know if big chuckle getting kept on , He ivsn't mentioned on the list of leaving players on OS

Think the deal is he is training with the club till he is fit again don't think he got a contract,

Certainly no sign of him on the updated player profile page on OS. Interestingly only one goalkeeper, the young lad who was back up all last year is also not listed.

17 players listed, so unless some of the U20's are involved I would like to think another 3 or 4 to come.

Especially if you consider that JP will be out for a few weeks yet apparently and Fergie also just started running, so couple of months at least for him to even sit on the bench, Junior I suppose 3-4 weeks so effectively down to 14 and one keeper....fingers crossed, all about budget I suppose.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

He's better than Jamie Watson up front and class at the back .....

Big loss if he ends up at a rival

For him personally He just needs to get fit did he not have a bad knee injury before he came to us ?

He has been out since October it's a long time our wish him all the best

Edited by cfcuk

Aye forgot about that , Duffys last season he was a stand out and he seemed to made scapegoat after Ibroxgate in cup

Scored few goals up front , Brings something different to forwards currently with us ruffles a few feathers as well

We should keep him on if he gets fit but whether he wants to sit on bench another matter I suppose

Certainly no sign of him on the updated player profile page on OS. Interestingly only one goalkeeper, the young lad who was back up all last year is also not listed.

17 players listed, so unless some of the U20's are involved I would like to think another 3 or 4 to come.

Especially if you consider that JP will be out for a few weeks yet apparently and Fergie also just started running, so couple of months at least for him to even sit on the bench, Junior I suppose 3-4 weeks so effectively down to 14 and one keeper....fingers crossed, all about budget I suppose.

The young keeper from last season is signed on I'm sure, he was in jersy with the squad

I’ll be pleased if we have signed Peter MacDonald. As others have said it will depend how fit he is of course.

He isn’t particularly tall though (about the same height as Gormley, I think) and, what was striking at the Airdrie game was just how small our team is now. Especially, with Higgins starting up front, when we play long balls we have absolutely no one to aim for.

It’s all well and good playing football on the deck but, even in a friendly, it took Airdrie about 15 minutes to notice when our keeper had the ball if they left their strikers up the pitch, we would have to play the ball long and ultimately lose it.

This also means there’s no hope of Marsh being used in defence, where he should be. He’ll get used in behind a striker as he was when brought on with Gormley on Saturday.

Hopefully, we sign at least one more midfielder or striker with some height, which we'll need for defending corners, if nothing else.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

How did Oliver do on Sat?

Looked off the pace but that could be said about the back line (Lowden aside)

Difficult to take anything from the match at all.  We looked ok going forward, especially early on.  Airdrie were fitter and far more settled team.  

It's easy to criticise but we won't be playing full time teams every week. Airdrie had championship standard players Andy Ryan would walk into our team so would Russell, I have always hated Russell playing against us but I would have him in my team every week.

It's only the teams second game together hopefully with all these friendly/glorified friendlys we'll have a good league two team. A fit Peter macdonald should be the goalscorer we have needed the past few seasons.

Looked off the pace but that could be said about the back line (Lowden aside)

Difficult to take anything from the match at all.  We looked ok going forward, especially early on.  Airdrie were fitter and far more settled team.  

think you really have to ignore these games they have only been back training less than a fortnight 

looking at the bench we do seem short on numbers with ferguson and mcgovern coming back from injury and smith with a cast on cant really afford any more injuries