CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Yeah ok, then joins probably the highest paid club in junior game backed by the bloke who owns Tarmac construction..

10/10 to the Beast for comedy stakes...

Sum boi:lol:

Edited by shawfield shed boy

You cannot see past Barry Ssb can you?

Erm no sure what you mean but Yeah i like him as a manager,Raises profile of club through various methods and charity work, brings in a far better quality of player to watch most weeks,Team defo improving and he shows plenty of ambition compared to Duffy and the previous Dinosaurs..

Suppose i could be guilty of supporting him when others who didnt want him from "day 1" due to his past club and country experiances i can only assume sad as it sounds...

Re Gemmell, Wasnt barry who told me was offered contract, Will let everyone else make their own mind up but as previously said Gemmell not exactly got a great record of hanging about clubs (12 clubs and only 31Yr old)

You assume wrong about club / country thing. I judge people on football only. So we can put that to bed straightaway.

I know he can do no wrong in your eyes.

I want him to succeed but the amount of players he goes through is astonishing.

If we do not go up this season would you still say the club is progressing ?

You assume wrong about club / country thing. I judge people on football only. So we can put that to bed straightaway.

I know he can do no wrong in your eyes.

I want him to succeed but the amount of players he goes through is astonishing.

If we do not go up this season would you still say the club is progressing ?

have backed BF from day one think he is progressing as a manager and has certainly brought in better players than we have seen in previous years 

would think if we don' t go up this year he would give it up (wont be sacked)  , the turn around of players has been a lot ,that i think is down to him getting to grips with the league he is in ,one aspect of his management that has been horrendous is the cup record which has to improve knocked out twice in a row by non league teams is just not good enough and has cost the cup quite a bit in revenue 

finally for me last season was the most I have enjoyed watching the Clyde for a long while ,yes there were downs and we didn't go up ,but some cracking games elgin in the playoff s , Annan on boxing day 

If he has been quoted accurately then it is pretty clear why Ferguson doesn't want him anywhere near the Clyde dressing room.

To be perfectly honest I can't see why the other strikers were offered a contract ahead of him either. He was the only one that looked like scoring regularly. We certainly have a lot more creativity in the side now so let's hope someone can stick the ball in the net.

Suppose i could be guilty of supporting him when others who didnt want him from "day 1" due to his past club and country experiances i can only assume sad as it sounds...

Yawn. . .

You are the only one who continually mentions this.

Fans will probably expect promotion so does the management team but that promotion needs to be earned through a lot of hard work and quality, I hope we achieve it this year.

Ferguson was left with a shit team after Duffy fucked off at the first opportunity he was starting out in management if you started a new job you needed to learn ofcourse your going to make mistakes which he has openly admitted to he's learned that crap like David Gray or David Sinclair are nothing more than junior hammerthrowers and won't get you out of this league.

I'm not too bothered about Gemmell not signing on again because if we resort back to lumping it forward you are wasting Eastons ability by bypassing him, Gemmells away he'll move on like we should do and look forward to the season ahead which I am and can't fucking wait

Agree with the above, Gemmell suits the long ball tactic which will waste the talents of alot of our players, new and old, by not giving them a chance to get the ball on the deck and play it through teams. Hope Higgins and Gormley find goal scoring form this season. Still hoping Peter MacDonald is a possibility too!

No i dont but have i touched a nerve

BF gets critisiced far more when we lose than gets praise when we win online. Fact..... Why ????

Because he has brought in far better players on a bigger budget than any of his predecessors. This leads to more expectation and less room for error.

Nothing to do with your club and country pish.

Last season we were unlucky but this season promotion and winning at least 1 cup tie are requirements for him to stay in a job.

Fans will probably expect promotion so does the management team but that promotion needs to be earned through a lot of hard work and quality, I hope we achieve it this year.

Ferguson was left with a shit team after Duffy fucked off at the first opportunity he was starting out in management if you started a new job you needed to learn ofcourse your going to make mistakes which he has openly admitted to he's learned that crap like David Gray or David Sinclair are nothing more than junior hammerthrowers and won't get you out of this league.

I'm not too bothered about Gemmell not signing on again because if we resort back to lumping it forward you are wasting Eastons ability by bypassing him, Gemmells away he'll move on like we should do and look forward to the season ahead which I am and can't fucking wait

as far as long ball tactics is concerned we have resorted to that many times even when gemmell wasn't in the team a tactic that baffled me , but was more than probably down to the fact our midfield was slow and had very little skill (mcgovern the exception ) with easton and the new signings it gives us the option now to try and play more football through midfield 

finally on gemmell is really doesnt matter who you believe he hasn't signed for us and i wish him all the best 

Because he has brought in far better players on a bigger budget than any of his predecessors. This leads to more expectation and less room for error.

Nothing to do with your club and country pish.

Last season we were unlucky but this season promotion and winning at least 1 cup tie are requirements for him to stay in a job.

Wrong re bigger "budget". Members meeting in shetto confirmed...

Whos talking pish now