CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Oh, please. Who's writing off the season? I qualified my comment quite a bit ("with a team like that"; "unless the [new] forward [...] is a class apart"). If anyone read into my post that I took a view based on the result then they were mistaken. I looked to the available squad and the team fielded. The result is meaningless, I think we're all agreed.

But I'd better try and find a half-way-house here, seeing as I'm already a negative and hilarious roaster-weapon. Put it this way. Who fancies we'll win the league with Gormley and Higgins up front and without something like a direct replacement for McGovern? If anyone does fancy it, well, I like a wager!

Agree we do need a goal scorer hopefully we will get one in before start of season

just a reference to a player fans love every club has them even the big boys brown at Celtic mcculloch when he played for sevco fans love them for no particular reason

I think there is plenty of reasons why he was loved at Clyde but no-one cares about Celtic or Rangers here!

Oh, please. Who's writing off the season? I qualified my comment quite a bit ("with a team like that"; "unless the [new] forward [...] is a class apart"). If anyone read into my post that I took a view based on the result then they were mistaken. I looked to the available squad and the team fielded. The result is meaningless, I think we're all agreed.

But I'd better try and find a half-way-house here, seeing as I'm already a negative and hilarious roaster-weapon. Put it this way. Who fancies we'll win the league with Gormley and Higgins up front and without something like a direct replacement for McGovern? If anyone does fancy it, well, I like a wager!

Your post was absolutely ridiculous which is why you have been getting the piss ripped out you.

If the likes of Flynn and Easton provide chances for Higgins and Gormley then there is every chance they will score a lot more in this campaign.

It could go tits up again but is far too early to tell.

We only have three recognised strikers and with both Gormley and Higgins having injuries last season that only leaves Jamie Watson hopefully he'll bring someone in before the league cup starts. The team needs a few games to gel in I wasn't overly bothered about the Jersey game as we all knew it's about getting players fit and the next few friendly games will be getting the match sharpness up. This season the league is our bread and butter and that'll be the main focus and we'll have Scott Ferguson and jp back soon from long term injury.

Unbelievable that the challenge that injured McGovern at Berwick wasn't even given as a foul. In my opinion, it may have cost us promotion. Hopefully, he's fully fit soon and can challenge for a place in, what looks like our strongest midfield for years.

Unbelievable that the challenge that injured McGovern at Berwick wasn't even given as a foul. In my opinion, it may have cost us promotion. Hopefully, he's fully fit soon and can challenge for a place in, what looks like our strongest midfield for years.

Ferguson is looking to be fit for the start of the season I think jp is hopefully back around October

Look at the EK result last pre season and then we went onto the playoff final. Jersey is another pre season friendly in the middle of a gruelling pre season plan. Result means nothing, performance and fitness are the priorities. But then again we support Clyde so obviously people want Ferguson out the door for this...

Top of my head strikers available :

Steven Craig.Decent ratio for a struggling Forfar last season,not yet accepted their offer & has played for dumbarton after all...

Paul Hefferman - Would do at job at our level surely if available,Wages no doubt stumbling block and again ex dumbarton....

Peter McDonald - As previously discussed...

Stef McCluskey. Total longshot and just to keep DW smiling...

Liam Cusack..Not the most reliable on a 1v1 but playing saturday Amatuer fitba and better than that..

Colin Nish ,Craig Beattie & Andy Barrowman - No Thanks

Feel free to add

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Steven Craig.Decent ratio for a struggling Forfar last season,not yet accepted their offer & has played for dumbarton after all...

Paul Hefferman - Would do at job at our level surely if available,Wages no doubt stumbling block and again ex dumbarton....

Liam Cusack..Not the most reliable on a 1v1 but playing saturday Amatuer fitba and better than that..

Feel free to add

Not easy to find I was convinced Archie Campbell would score a barrell load for us and would have liked to keep him till end of season but understand why he left , never know maybe someone like Watson will click this year but still need a goal scorer but as above nothing is guaranteed

Feel free to add

Also agree with previous poster we do carry a greater goal threat in midfield with Easton et al