CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Hard not to be disappointed by that. Seems a bit out of the blue, especially with us offering Marko the chance to get into coaching as well but it's his decision at the end of the day. I suppose, he could still be possibly coaching our under 20's whilst playing for Beith but I'm sure we'll find out more shortly.

His legs were going a bit, but he was still more than capable of a shift at this level. All the best to Marko.

Losing marko is bad news, The loss of his leadership is even more important to the team as the games he was absent to featuring even for 45 was night n day...

The big mans knees were going but his tactical awareness wasnt and will be a big loss as will his vocal approach,Proper old school and not many left it at all..

One of our last games away to QP he was best player on park by a mile considering age difference of that match & Austin of East fife still in his back pocket says it all..

Really Sad news infact and suppose the day had to happen but massive thanks to the big man for all the memories if this move is true😯

Edited by shawfield shed boy

We are only playing a bunch of 19 years, It should literally be boys against men, comfortable win.. would have preferred it away from home due to shut crowds right enough

Exactly, if the club are needing at least 520 in the crowd to break even then why not head along and hopefully see us give thistle under 20s a pumping. Hardly bragging material but would be pleasing none the less to see us smash them. Also another game to gel the team for the more important business of winning the league.

Ive just saw that my club ( Beith juniors ) have signed mark mgclaughlin from Clyde.

What's the thoughts on here lads and still plenty of legs left from mark and was he playing much last season and if so was he playing well,obviously the guys got loads of experience .

will do ok at that level Clyde fans love him never understood why one of those players who played up to the fans badge kisser and things like that but will be ok st junior level

Marko was never a badge kisser at all. He was someone especially in his first time at the club that fans loved as he always gave his all, was an excellent player in a very good Clyde team and got on very well with the fans.

In his second spell he came in at a tough time and his experience was vital in helping the team improve and again he gave everything when his body was starting to trouble him due to his age. He will absolutely breeze it in the juniors and should be able to play another couple of years no bother.

Marko is an absolute legend! Never a badge kisser just loved by the fans and he loved the fans. Always gave everything was amazing in his first spell (I don't remember most of it) and was a crucial part of the squad last year. I'll miss the big man