Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Are those viewing numbers just for the video on the official club twitter? Or does that include the likes of Bleacher Report, Ladbrokes, Sky Sports etc that have posted it too?

If not, and adding Facebook into the mix, it must easily have over 3m views. Cracking bit of exposure for the club and well deserved for the media guys who do a great job.

I think most other accounts have been embedding the official club Twitter so that's including the retweets and quoted tweets. Doesn't include Facebook (239k) or Instagram (25k)

1.7m views just now. Given it's getting a secondary pick-up this morning there's a decent chance it could be over 2m by the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Who knew capt_oats was such a big fan of Taylor Swift? 

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

And there you have it, 2m+ views in just over12 hours.

For me this video's far closer to the excellent "Time For New Heroes" creative the club put out before LC final than it is the Alex Bruce tweet which was the worst sort of off-the-cuff SoccerAM style cringe #bantz (in fairness it's unlikely that tweet was even the work of the media team anyway).

This is heading into the wankiest chat going from me so apologies in advance but it's probably worth pointing out that given the reach we've had with this (and also the cup final video which had something like 150k views) we're presumably going to be able to go back to our sponsors and show them the insights and breakdowns of reach. McEwan Fraser Legal, Bet Park and Usave Utility Brokers are all prominent in the video show we're at least able to show them something a bit extra for their money.

Equally, if the media team are able to continue coming up with interesting #content that's going to offer decent reach and #engagement then you'd hope that's going to be in our favour if we're trying to attract new sponsorship going forward as we're going to be able to show detailed case studies of what we can actually do as part of our creative portfolio.

Also, if nothing else it seems to have entirely boiled the piss of one of the Aberdeen ByTheMin podcast guys. Which is nice.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Also, if nothing else it seems to have entirely boiled the piss of one of the Aberdeen ByTheMin podcast guys. Which is nice.

Guys sounds like he's got a cracking sense of humour*.

*and by "cracking sense of humour", I mean "is in possession of a small knob and never gets his round in down the pub"

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is heading into the wankiest chat going from me so apologies in advance but it's probably worth pointing out that given the reach we've had with this (and also the cup final video which had something like 150k views) we're presumably going to be able to go back to our sponsors and show them the insights and breakdowns of reach. McEwan Fraser Legal, Bet Park and Usave Utility Brokers are all prominent in the video show we're at least able to show them something a bit extra for their money.

Equally, if the media team are able to continue coming up with interesting #content that's going to offer decent reach and #engagement then you'd hope that's going to be in our favour if we're trying to attract new sponsorship going forward as we're going to be able to show detailed case studies of what we can actually do as part of our creative portfolio.

I'm pretty sure the sponsorship stuff in the video was all carefully planned, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

For smaller Scottish firms who sponsor us, getting that sort of reach is incredible for them so we absolutely should have the upper hand when it comes to renegotiating these offers.  Every little helps and all that.

It is a daft video, but I doubt it'll have cost much to make and to be fair to them, it's worked an absolute treat.  Well done to all involved.  I'm still kicking myself I had to turn down an appearance in the "Time for New Heroes" Cup Final vid!

10 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm pretty sure the sponsorship stuff in the video was all carefully planned, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

For smaller Scottish firms who sponsor us, getting that sort of reach is incredible for them so we absolutely should have the upper hand when it comes to renegotiating these offers.  Every little helps and all that.

It is a daft video, but I doubt it'll have cost much to make and to be fair to them, it's worked an absolute treat.  Well done to all involved.  I'm still kicking myself I had to turn down an appearance in the "Time for New Heroes" Cup Final vid!

Excellent post

We're doing fine. 10 points clear of auto relegation, 7 clear of the play-off spot. A brand new strike force who look the part, game time should see an improvement. Hartley @ Aldred should be a solid central defensive pairing. Let's stick to Plan A for the season, and stay away from the relegation dogfight. 

Pleasing to see youth academy midfielders in the team tonight in Cadden, McLean and Campbell. 

Cash banked from Heneghan & Moult, plus the cup final run. Attendances well up, and a winnable tie in the next round of the Scottish cup.  

People having meltdowns because tonight's game was dire with us starting with three brand new players short of game time, while missing a couple of crucial players. Calm down. Let's see what happens the next couple of games v the Edinburgh teams. More important is for us to be up to speed for the couple of games that follow. Ross County & Hamilton looks faves for the bottom two now, especially with Hamilton losing a couple of their better players this transfer window. 

We're doing fine. 

Don't know if this will embed - but a (I'm guessing Latino) version of Fox Sports showing the Hartley vid that showed up on the club twitter feed - notable for the best pronunciation of "Motherwell FC" ever.

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Put EL CLUB ESCOCES LE EXTENDIO EL CONTRATO A PETER HARTLEY on my grave.

It is one of the more surreal things I can remember - that the most publicity we'll ever get is for the signing of a defender that couldn't get a game at Blackpool....

Fisher was one of these moves that simply didn't work out for either party. Moult staying on and Bowman finding a bit of form meant that he never got started and he never really looked the part when he did play. Good luck to him.

20 minutes ago, Swello said:

Fisher was one of these moves that simply didn't work out for either party. Moult staying on and Bowman finding a bit of form meant that he never got started and he never really looked the part when he did play. Good luck to him.

Agreed.

I actually thought he made a huge difference when he came on against Rangers on the opening day with his movement and link up play, unfortunately he missed an absolute sitter to equalise late on and that sort of set the tone for his Motherwell career. 

Could have been a real sliding doors moment for him had he scored that, however the missed chances and lack of goals seem to weigh heavy on him and he just looked totally bereft of confidence during his 10 min cameo against Accies last week. 

Think it was clear before the break his tea was oot so I can’t say I’m overly surprised, probably best for all parties although it does leave us looking a bit light up front.

From what Robinson was saying through the week it seems to be a left sided defender we're after as a replacement for Hammell (good luck with that).

“We’re looking to bring in a replacement defender for Steven in the next week.”

Source: Motherwell Times

Whether Fisher moving on adds to that IDK but either way a move makes total sense for everyone involved. Good luck to him.

I suppose Flow was quoted on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that we were looking to add a couple at the back and up front.