Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, ML4 said:

It might not add up given his purple patch was under Grezza but I have always wondered how if that man had one ounce of man management skill in his body Watt might have stayed.

See tbf, I'm sure Watt has highlighted a couple of times how thankful he is for Grezza's influence. Worth remembering he stuck KVV out wide to let Tony flourish. I also doubt any amount of money we could've offered would've matched the daftness of United's money.

1 hour ago, GMcC said:

Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread here, although to make a contribution to the recent injury chat, Stuparevic has a hamstring problem, think the detail was he 'pulled up' in training ahead of County game so maybe not out too much longer.

I'm Gavin McCafferty, I'm standing for election for the Well Society board. For those yet to vote, I am just laying out some credentials here to supplement personal statement/video as others have done. Feel free to ask questions, or completely ignore the below.

• Knowledge/understanding of Scottish football industry from 20 years as sports journalist. Experience of writing/researching stories on football finances.
  • Management/financial experience; editor for 15 years - managing staff and budgets; Scottish Football Writers' Association treasurer - experience of negotiating sponsorship deals.  
  • Track record in volunteering and helping get results for the Well Society.

(1) After helping out from the start, took proactive control of WS comms in 2014 to help kick-start progress. With club facing impending £800k cash shortfall initial, focus was on drafting/advising on internal comms with potential investors and parties involved in takeover deal. Externally, revamped Well Society website, stepped up comms after takeover, boosting social media output and creating promotional videos. Stepped back in mid-2015 when Well Society hired full-time employee and stepped away completely late 2015.

(2) Got back involved this year as member of the Communications Workstream, part of team that is reshaping comms, helping write content for new work-in-progress website, social media, statements, other documents.

• Analytical skills - eg spotting/highlighting inaccuracies and financial dangers of Erik Barmack's business plan. https://twitter.com/GavinMcCafferty/status/1809347134002454718
  • Approach - bring members far closer to decision-making process and ensure they're informed about key club matters; properly scrutinise way club is run; ensure clear strategy is agreed/followed; assert Well Society's role as majority shareholder; use effective comms to boost membership numbers/contributions and attract potential investment/commercial opportunities which align with fan ownership model.

Thanks for reading if you got this far.

I'll be voting for Gavin, FWIW. A passionate 'Well fan with more smarts in a corner of his brain than 3 of mine combined. A big tick from me.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interested to see that "McMahonDickieFeeleyOut" has turned up on the zoom meeting for the Society AGM. That's nominative determinism for you.

Screenshot, or it didn't happen 🤣

Edited by Doctor Manhattan
ETA: Desperately trying to set up "StopSigningf**kingCripples" now, but I think Zoom is censoring me..."

Just now, Swello said:

The major cringe of listening to an unmuted member loudly slagging the organisation of the meeting and then getting on with a business call :lol:

I actually lost it laughing at that. What an absolute muppet. Clearly a starter at a golf club, or hotel or something? Was chatting to some loud American about putting his clubs in his flying bag. 🤣