Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Which one does that fall foul of?

Something along the lines of only one over 21 loan from a Premier League team (or some such). Them signing Anderson yesterday fucks that.

There was mention on their thread about it yesterday. Who knows maybe the loan rules have changed.

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

I think this illustrates perfectly how much shot-in-the-dark, hit-and-hope nonsense goes on in the january transfer window. How could any club that has even done 5 mins of diligence on ATS conclude that a guy who has hitherto been unable to string two 60 minute appearances together be the answer to any problem whatsoever. 

I've said lots of times that I don't think he's shite, just broken at present - good luck to him at Crewe....

Edited by Swello

Interesting that ATS contract won’t be renewed and the deal is a loan which suggests we will be bringing someone in I hope. Newell doesn’t make much sense unless they are paying a small contribution n we couldn’t find anyone to take him or it wasn’t financially worth it to mutually terminate the contract.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

100%. Newell's been loaned out too apparently

Does everything about Newell happen in absolute secrecy? Do they think that if his name is mentioned on Twitter too aggressively, he might get injured?

23 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Every day a school day, I guess. Cheers.

Actually, I think that rule about overage players is out of date. I'm not sure if any of the other clauses apply.

5c51d66f3f90f_ScreenShot2019-01-30at16_45_29.png.7cbc620a9b6bf2d48fef8484b1330088.png

Who knows, maybe they could punt Shea Gordon back to us in exchange for Sammon.

I liked Gordon tbh, had a bit of dig and attacking drive that we still don't really have in midfield. Was he not scoring screamers for the 20s pretty regularly?

Robinson's insistence on chucking him on to change games when we had Lionel sitting on the bench was a bit weird though. 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Loving the fact Well Fans II are getting themselves all excited about the prospect of Moult returning on loan. That’d be even more of a shock than McCormack returning.

Edited by CSmith