Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

Unreal. Less than a year after winning the cup and he's managed to alienate the ICT board/support so much that he's getting the bullet.

Idiot.

An absolute fool. As Ruggy says on either this thread or another one he's smarter than most people think but he's not as smart as he thinks. I've no idea what he thought might happen when he publicly berated the ICT board for lack of budget. Was he expecting them to suddenly open their wallets and give him some money out of thin air? He knew the budget constraints not just when he signed originally but also when he penned his extension.

And it's not just budget chat. The continual fawning over Hibs and of course Celtic was nauseating. He talked of his immense pride at seeing Christie pulling on the green and white hoops whilst his own side struggled in the league. Bizarre.

Falkirk fans absolutely finger themselves when they think about Hughes.  Even though he almost ruined them.  Bizarre.

Thankfully the ICT fans, the ICT board, and fans of all other clubs in Scotland can see through him.  His mask has slipped since January, it was all fine and dandy when he had his Shinnie's, his Watkins', his Christie's, his McKay's. But when he fails to replace them, it's suddenly the boards fault for not backing him.  Which is the opposite of what they've actually done.

Bye Yogi.

Totally agree with this. He took over at a time when we had probably the best ever collection of players at ICT and he should of course get credit for what he did with those players. However when they moved on, what he didn't do unlike other managers, was replace them. His dealings in the transfer market have been rotten and his obsession with signing 27 central midfielders bordered on lunacy. He's been better backed than any ICT manager and he still wants more money. Personally I can see why the board are reluctant to give him any more cash.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same idiot manager who finished above media darling Tommy Wright and equalled his trophy haul last season?

Yeah, that idiot, who in twelve months took that side into the bottom six

An absolute fool. As Ruggy says on either this thread or another one he's smarter than most people think but he's not as smart as he thinks. I've no idea what he thought might happen when he publicly berated the ICT board for lack of budget. Was he expecting them to suddenly open their wallets and give him some money out of thin air? He knew the budget constraints not just when he signed originally but also when he penned his extension.

And it's not just budget chat. The continual fawning over Hibs and of course Celtic was nauseating. He talked of his immense pride at seeing Christie pulling on the green and white hoops whilst his own side struggled in the league. Bizarre.

Totally agree with this. He took over at a time when we had probably the best ever collection of players at ICT and he should of course get credit for what he did with those players. However when they moved on, what he didn't do unlike other managers, was replace them. His dealings in the transfer market have been rotten and his obsession with signing 27 central midfielders bordered on lunacy. He's been better backed than any ICT manager and he still wants more money. Personally I can see why the board are reluctant to give him any more cash.

He was the same in his first season on his tod with us . Signed up tons of midfielders and left us with one striker which was pineapple heid. 

He was the same in his first season on his tod with us . Signed up tons of midfielders and left us with one striker which was pineapple heid.

He even freed pineapple heid pre the end of that season, leaving us playing latapy as a striker.

So much of the above from ICT fans have a similar smell to his time with us, tho the players were alienated from the fans and it took us two years to get that unity back.

Yogi as a player for us will never be touched, whereas the manager requires blinkers in a hell of a lot of it

I've never been a big fan of Hughes and having read what Falkirk and Hibs fans said about him I was very wary when we took him on. Over time I did warm to him despite some of his bizarre comments and antics. He took a very good ICT team and got them playing at a level beyond what they had been capable of and didn't really change too much. However, and ICTChris made an excellent post on this somewhere else on the forum, the more influence he has had over the team in its signings, tactics etc the more we seemed to regress and it was a hark back to what he was doing at Falkirk and Hibs. It's not really surprising to see the same path trodden again by a guy who is mostly likeable but is so stubborn and seems utterly incapable of learning from his mistakes.

Houston would probably want to test himself in the Premiership again.

He is quoted as saying Falkirk will be his last manager job, I know quotes in the footballing world can mean HeeHaw but I believe this one.

Archived