Fixture man doing his bit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fixtures for the week ending 28th up . Ford v Talbot a potential league decider on the 25th . Laughable especially as Ford will still have 2 games to play after this . Let them play Rabs & Medda 1st then a potential title decider on the last game v Talbot . Aye he knows what he's doing right enough ha ha

Fixtures for the week ending 28th up . Ford v Talbot a potential league decider on the 25th . Laughable especially as Ford will still have 2 games to play after this . Let them play Rabs & Medda 1st then a potential title decider on the last game v Talbot . Aye he knows what he's doing right enough ha ha

I think the way he has done it is right. It makes the Ford Talbot match meaningful. If it was left to the end it could be a dead rubber. If we had beaten Glens on Monday, I suspect the Talbot match would have been kept for the Saturday and Ford would have been at Kirky on Wednesday.

Unbelievable that this isn't on a Saturday.

Also if Hurlford beat Talbot but slip up in their last 2 Talbot won't get a trophy presentation. 

I tend to give the fixture guy the benefit of the doubt but that's very very poor.

I think the way he has done it is right. It makes the Ford Talbot match meaningful. If it was left to the end it could be a dead rubber. If we had beaten Glens on Monday, I suspect the Talbot match would have been kept for the Saturday and Ford would have been at Kirky on Wednesday.

You win your last 3 games you win the league . Surely leaving the Talbot game to last would be a motivation for you? This game has been scheduled so the Evening times cup can start pure & simple . Where else in the world would a end of season cup be more important than the league?

You win your last 3 games you win the league . Surely leaving the Talbot game to last would be a motivation for you? This game has been scheduled so the Evening times cup can start pure & simple . Where else in the world would a end of season cup be more important than the league?

I don't see that playing them first should be any less motivation, but accept your point.

Another factor is that Talbot's only other certain fixture is Beith in the Ayrshire and that can't be played on either the Wednesday or Saturday so they would have ten free days before the potential league decider. The conspiracy theorists would have been all over that.

Well that's hardly the same thing is it?

It should be presented at a league game.

Despite having already won their league on 4th May and having home game this Friday Forth won't be presented 2nd division trophy until Evening Times cup tie against Girvan on 28th May.

The same gets said every year! It is time for every club to grow a pair and stand up against this man! He is a law unto himself, and if the clubs do not do something it is a waste of time coming to next season and moaning. GET HIM OUT!!!!!

Despite having already won their league on 4th May and having home game this Friday Forth won't be presented 2nd division trophy until Evening Times cup tie against Girvan on 28th May.

Well that's absolutely shocking.

The real excitement of the achievement will be long gone. Not saying it won't be celebrated but it's some length of gap to wait. 

The same gets said every year! It is time for every club to grow a pair and stand up against this man! He is a law unto himself, and if the clubs do not do something it is a waste of time coming to next season and moaning. GET HIM OUT!!!!!

True. This forum is like an echo chamber that nobody listens to. It's the clubs who have to do something. 

Thats cos all the officials are at the west final on friday nite

Surely one official can be spared to go to Forth ? This is their first league title for 36 years. They might be a wee club but their league victory means a lot to the people involved.

Archived