Ayr United, What now 2016/17

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Was the trialist who played yesterday not playing today.

No Jamie Thomas played today, just signed a 2 year deal with Burnley, but signing on loan for us tomorrow. Waiting on international clearance apparently hence why he was a trialist today.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Jamie Thomas played today, just signed a 2 year deal with Burnley, but signing on loan for us tomorrow. Waiting on international clearance apparently hence why he was a trialist today.

Why would you be waiting on international clearance for a boy at Burnley?

47 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Has McCall dropped his interest in the other player from yesterday i wonder.

Needs clearance for registration purposes between the English and Scottish FAs. Nothing to do with visas or that sort of thing.

Shenanigans has been called.

1 hour ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Andy Ryan Greig Spence Nade Rory McAllister Ian Russel Kevin Cawley off the top of my head

By the sound of it the boy from Burnley will do nicely after today's performance.

Cawley had his chance, we'd have to pay fees for MacAllister and Andy Ryan.

Only one on you list that I think would've been worth a punt was Nade.

By the sound of it the boy from Burnley will do nicely after today's performance.

Andy Ryan only recently joined Airdrie on a free and Ian Russell is proven at this level.
I hope the boy from burnley does do a job but we need at least another two forwards

Would have been funny if you signed Cawley as a striker.

Andy Ryan Greig Spence Nade Rory McAllister Ian Russel Kevin Cawley off the top of my head

McAllister has turned down bigger clubs than Ayr. He's on a mint at Peterhead and has a good job outside of football up north.

Russell is an Airdrie supporter and wanted to remain full-time. He probably wouldn't be interested.

Cawley isn't a striker and was pretty pish for us last season.

Andy Ryan would've been a possibillity but he's completely unproven at this level.

Spence again would've been a possibility but he didn't exactly run riot the last time he played at this level.

Nade was offered a decent deal by ourselves and turned it down for Stranraer. They are clearly paying him a daft wage. For clubs like ourselves, trying to outbid $tranraer for a seriously injury prone striker is a big risk.

McGuffie a shining light once again today. Staking a real claim to be in and around the first team. Hope McCall gets a contract extension in soon. Will make more appearances this season than Forrest IMO.

Andy Johnston (no.7) had a great game today, watched him with the 20s last year. Blistering pace, can easily beat a man. Can see him being the next to step up after McCracken, Wardrope and McGuffie. We are very lucky we have a great crop of youth players who if we need to, we can get them in. Big reason they can play against older players without fear is 99% of them are out on loan in the juniors throughout the season as well as playing in the development league.

Wardrope veery good again today and really like the look of Thomas.

19 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Russell is an Airdrie supporter and wanted to remain full-time. He probably wouldn't be interested.

Pretty confident Russell wouldn't have left us for anyone other than Airdrie unless some seriously stupid money was being thrown around.

22 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why would you be waiting on international clearance for a boy at Burnley?

Why would you not? They don't play in Scotland.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Does anyone know if we're still interested in Andy O'Connel

On reading the review of the ray sale cup on the official site it seems to suggest we are still interested.

Obviously it's the view of AUMedia but you would think the fact it's on the official site, they would have removed the line that says it looks likely.

Then again, it is Ayr United.

18 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

On reading the review of the ray sale cup on the official site it seems to suggest we are still interested.

Obviously it's the view of AUMedia but you would think the fact it's on the official site, they would have removed the line that says it looks likely.

Then again, it is Ayr United.

Just read it. Moderately amused by the early reference to the scoreline in the final flattering us, presumably to put in context Ayr's defeat to South Shields. It's probably true on balance of play terms, though we had the better chances, but it also ignores the fact we more or less played our u20's side on the Sunday after the first team played the Saturday. Robbie Thomson, Mark Millar and Kyle Jacobs were the only players over 22 years old to play Sunday and all of those went off early.

That said, South Shields were very decent and clearly have some very good players in there.

Is O'Connell really as bad as people are making him out to be?

The lad Thomas sounds very promising, and good to hear McGuffie is impressing.

Apparently McCall had hoped to have Stephen Dobbie playing on Sunday.

Where did you hear about Dobbie ??

2 hours ago, Caveman said:

If i'm thinking about the same Dobbie then how the hell would we persuade him to come from the English Championship to the Scottish Championship.

Also i doubt he'd go part time, there will be full time clubs in the english league 1 & 2 who'll be interested in him who i would think he'd choose over us.

Does McCall have any special connection to him which could persuade him to come to us.

Archived