Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Just now, rb123! said:

Aberdeen at home, happy with that.

Is there a chance of this being on a different date to the other games because of Aberdeen in Europe possibly on a Thursday night, not sure of the European dates.

Also think this game has got a real chance of being on the TV as Celtic and Rangers have hardly got glamour ties.

Hibs and Hearts games are also pretty low key so hopefully we can get BT along.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Aberdeen at home, happy with that.

Is there a chance of this being on a different date to the other games because of Aberdeen in Europe possibly on a Thursday night, not sure of the European dates.

The Europa League playoff round isn't until the 18th August I think. They are playing this Thursday so our game will most likely be the Wednesday or Thursday I'd imagine.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also think this game has got a real chance of being on the TV as Celtic and Rangers have hardly got glamour ties.

Hibs and Hearts games are also pretty low key so hopefully we can get BT along.

I doubt it tbh. Celtic v Motherwell will definitely be chosen. Hopefully they don't pick the Rangers as they've already shown three of their games I think! I'd say they'll probably take St. Johnstone v Hearts as well. There is a chance though.

It's not the best draw in terms of bringing in punters but does give us a chance of progression. Aberdeen are to play twice before we meet them which may mean they pick up injuries and/or are tired. Either way I'm just happy we qualified with anything above that being a bonus!

It's not the best draw in terms of bringing in punters but does give us a chance of progression. Aberdeen are to play twice before we meet them which may mean they pick up injuries and/or are tired. Either way I'm just happy we qualified with anything above that being a bonus!

Pretty much this. Aberdeen had a few surprise defeats last season. They're strong, strong favourites but still...

The team has made a very good start to the season.

Genuinely not one to criticise the club but don't think the seasons have been advertised well enough on social media. 5000 odd followers and only one update the past few werks. Surely we should be constantly posting about it being £12 odd a game for an adult, only need to attend 13 games to save money! Plus the excellent panda pals deal. Hopefully there will be w huge push next week.

Edited to add; I checked back and the season tickets haven't even been mentioned on our Facebook until this week. . By far the best way to let people know the prices and nothing at all. Pretty awful.

We're just been promoted, we're in the most exciting league in the country and the club has sold less than last year. Questions seriously need to be asked. The gap between the club and the fans is huge. Player interviews and a bit about the club in community wouldn't go a miss. The academy are great for there community work but that's not the club. I work in Ayr town centre and right now there's advertising for a Scotland season ticket. The club has absolutely zero presence within south Ayrshire and then moan about numbers. A Girvan bus doing all the villages on the way up would be worth a trial. There's umpteen galas and other days and we're no where to be seen.

26 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

We're just been promoted, we're in the most exciting league in the country and the club has sold less than last year. Questions seriously need to be asked. The gap between the club and the fans is huge. Player interviews and a bit about the club in community wouldn't go a miss. The academy are great for there community work but that's not the club. I work in Ayr town centre and right now there's advertising for a Scotland season ticket. The club has absolutely zero presence within south Ayrshire and then moan about numbers. A Girvan bus doing all the villages on the way up would be worth a trial. There's umpteen galas and other days and we're no where to be seen.

I would only consider buying one if there was the option to pay it up.  More than happy to PATG & i doubt i am the only one. 

Tbf the club attempted to get this going but organised the event poorly (was at 1 in the afternoon on a Thursday or something). So folk being at work was deemed as lack of interest. 

I don't think you could accuse the club of keeping season tickets a secret.
I didn't get one last year because I didn't know how often I would go as I was thoroughly fed up with it, I got one this year because it is a more interesting season, seeing different teams and players, the pay at the gate price going up swayed me
Maybe getting a cup game or two free would have sold more or doing a group discount where 4 seasons bought together would reduce the price etc but everyone knows they are on sale every year, it's not been the PR that's the issue and more the demand

I don't think you could accuse the club of keeping season tickets a secret.
I didn't get one last year because I didn't know how often I would go as I was thoroughly fed up with it, I got one this year because it is a more interesting season, seeing different teams and players, the pay at the gate price going up swayed me
Maybe getting a cup game or two free would have sold more or doing a group discount where 4 seasons bought together would reduce the price etc but everyone knows they are on sale every year, it's not been the PR that's the issue and more the demand

Everyone knows they are on sale every year isn't good enough.

The club have to market themselves better - and create some buzz. Aye the hardcore fans know what's happening but there will be families and others who could be tempted to the games.

I don't stay in ayr but my family say there just isn't really any sign of the club about the town. Fewer people are buying the local papers and so an actual physical presence and also a big social media push are what's needed.

The season tickets prices are good this year, compared to the pay at the gate price however I have genuinely seen nothing whatsoever advertising this. 

Same issue with the Panda Pals tickets. Every single day this week the price with the savings in getting the season should be posted. Surely even get one of the advertisement posts on Facebook. 

And the finance option has been a mess. Why would anyone attend an event about getting a season on a Thursday lunchtime when they already have their season for that year. 

If done properly it would lead to a far bigger uptake. 

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Been confirmed this afternoon by the club that the Aberdeen game will be on Wednesday 10th August with a 7:45 kick off.

Does anyone know when BT decides what games they want to show.

Don't know, if I'm interested I'll go, if I'm not I won't.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Don't know, if I'm interested I'll go, if I'm not I won't.

BT are showing the Celtic v Motherwell game the night we're playing Aberdeen so we won't be on the TV.

Were always going to show Celtic.

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Everyone knows they are on sale every year isn't good enough.

The club have to market themselves better - and create some buzz. Aye the hardcore fans know what's happening but there will be families and others who could be tempted to the games.

I don't stay in ayr but my family say there just isn't really any sign of the club about the town. Fewer people are buying the local papers and so an actual physical presence and also a big social media push are what's needed.

Families and people who could be tempted to go to games aren't going to stump up £220 per adult on a whim. The only people who will buy season tickets are regulars, much the same as someone who thinks about taking up golf isn't going to join a club and pay green fee's for a year before picking up a putter. Regulars will work out is  if A. a season makes sense based on how often you go, if you know up front that you will miss 3-4 games, it doesn't make financial sense, including cup games used to be a gamble for the clubs but making them valid could me more of an incentive if you can save money if the club gets drawn at home. B. if you have the money up front to buy it in the first place.

Marketing games, week to week initiatives, social events.....might pull in people who might become season ticket holders in the future. 

Families and people who could be tempted to go to games aren't going to stump up £220 per adult on a whim. The only people who will buy season tickets are regulars, much the same as someone who thinks about taking up golf isn't going to join a club and pay green fee's for a year before picking up a putter. Regulars will work out is  if A. a season makes sense based on how often you go, if you know up front that you will miss 3-4 games, it doesn't make financial sense, including cup games used to be a gamble for the clubs but making them valid could me more of an incentive if you can save money if the club gets drawn at home. B. if you have the money up front to buy it in the first place.

Marketing games, week to week initiatives, social events.....might pull in people who might become season ticket holders in the future. 

Yeah you're pretty much right about season tickets. My point was definitely more about the marketing of the club in general - and I think that's one of the biggest problems the club has.

Although I do think a few more people could be persuaded to buy a season ticket if there's a bit of a push in that direction, it pretty much is a yes or no depending on the circumstances you mentioned.

Archived