Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

John Henry has left the club to join Blackburn. Opportunity for a player coach maybe?

Gutter, great guy and honest. Wonder who McCall will look to get in as his new assistant.

John Henry has left the club to join Blackburn. Opportunity for a player coach maybe?

Nah I reckon McCall will have an idea of who he wants, probably someone he worked with at Dundee or Partick

11 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Nah I reckon McCall will have an idea of who he wants, probably someone he worked with at Dundee or Partick

Scally might be his new no.2 with McCall bringing in a new coach possibly.

Ayrshire Post saying McCall isnt just targetting staying up and believes we can go further than that. He still wants a Midfielder who can play anywhere, a wide man and a defender. Gary Harkins remains a target however any deal is dependant on whetehr her gets a pay-off from Dundee. We are close to signing a player who McCall would regard as a very important signing.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayrshire Post saying McCall isnt just targetting staying up and believes we can go further than that. He still wants a Midfielder who can play anywhere, a wide man and a defender. Gary Harkins remains a target however any deal is dependant on whetehr her gets a pay-off from Dundee. We are close to signing a player who McCall would regard as a very important signing.

Good stuff...saying all the correct things

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayrshire Post saying McCall isnt just targetting staying up and believes we can go further than that. 

Not having a dig and have no issues with Ayr but I'm assuming he's meaning Ayr can stay up without really being troubled with relegation/relegation playoffs rather than believing Ayr can do something quite mental like make the top 4?

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not having a dig and have no issues with Ayr but I'm assuming he's meaning Ayr can stay up without really being troubled with relegation/relegation playoffs rather than believing Ayr can do something quite mental like make the top 4?

I'm presuming so aye. I'd bite your hand off right now for 8th.

Did you guys not put a great wee run together last season. No-one really expected that and you very nearly pulled it off.

Football is all about dreams.

In jobby we trust.

I don't think any of the fans would think we are possibly a top 4 team and if I was offered the relegation play-off berth now I'd take it

30 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Did you guys not put a great wee run together last season. No-one really expected that and you very nearly pulled it off.

Yes we went on a bit of a crazy unbeaten run after January but even prior to that we rarely spent any time out of the top 4 last season. It wasn't just a flukey season we had. Just have to see how things pan out. I think a lot of people are assuming Ayr and Dumbarton will make up the bottom two teams but no guarantees that will happen and there's every chance you might have a successful season whereby avoiding the dreaded drop/relegation playoff zone will be seen as really big achievement. I'm sure that's what McCall is alluding to. Are you guys still part time?

If Raith can do it so can we IMO.

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

To me not being troubled by relegation is very similar to aiming for the top 4 in a ten team league with our set up, I'm quite sure we'd have finished in the top 4/5 the last time if McCall was our manager.

Not sure our squad is above the bottom 2 at the moment IIBH, our chances this season hinge on the managers last 3 or 4 signings.

Archived