Plans today?

24 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

About 20 - 25 mins down a fairly quiet motorway. The Spanish road network is first class although the Policia are always on the look out for drinking drivers. Fortunately my other half is usually quite happy to drive.

You have a very understanding partner if each Sunday she will drive you to a place where you can drink beer and ogle ( saggy ) German tits?

Enjoy:thumsup2

10 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

You have a very understanding partner if each Sunday she will drive you to a place where you can drink beer and ogle ( saggy ) German tits?

Enjoy:thumsup2

She kind of sees things differently from me.

A few years ago we were staying on the 3rd floor of a hotel, in a room straight opposite the lift doors. I had been downstairs for something and coming up I accidently got out the lift on the 2nd floor and charged straight into the room opposite and was confronted with a stunning long haired brunette, bent over a wash-hand basin, stark naked. I muttered an apology and beat a hasty retreat back into the lift - which fortunately was still there. When I told my significant other what I had just done, and seen - her reply I will never forget :

"Are the duvet covers and curtains the same in that room the same as ours?

Spending the day in Brighton after flying down from Inverness. Didn't wake up till the taxi arrived at 5am, so chucked some light clothes appropriate for the Algarve in a bag and left. Brighton is fucking Baltic. Catching flight from Gatwick late afternoon.

30 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

She kind of sees things differently from me.

A few years ago we were staying on the 3rd floor of a hotel, in a room straight opposite the lift doors. I had been downstairs for something and coming up I accidently got out the lift on the 2nd floor and charged straight into the room opposite and was confronted with a stunning long haired brunette, bent over a wash-hand basin, stark naked. I muttered an apology and beat a hasty retreat back into the lift - which fortunately was still there. When I told my significant other what I had just done, and seen - her reply I will never forget :

"Are the duvet covers and curtains the same in that room the same as ours?

:lol: Were they? or was attention not on the haberdashery?

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Spending the day in Brighton after flying down from Inverness. Didn't wake up till the taxi arrived at 5am, so chucked some light clothes appropriate for the Algarve in a bag and left. Brighton is fucking Baltic. Catching flight from Gatwick late afternoon.

Praia da Luz?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, brought my bucket and spade , can't wait. Not really, Albufeira which I gather is a shithole but for £114 for apartment and flights from Gatwick I couldn't refuse. Back Friday.

I thought it was ok. Better than hanging about here. Have you checked the local fixtures.

They, Imortal FC, are at home 3.00ko.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, brought my bucket and spade , can't wait. Not really, Albufeira which I gather is a shithole but for £114 for apartment and flights from Gatwick I couldn't refuse. Back Friday.

I love the Algarve and £114 sounds like a great deal - how long for?

I was in that area 2 years ago at this time. It wasn't particularly warm, but it was fine for golf.

I love the Algarve and £114 sounds like a great deal - how long for?

I was in that area 2 years ago at this time. It wasn't particularly warm, but it was fine for golf.

Just the 5 nights. I'm just not keen on tourist resorts, I prefer being in cities laughing at locals having to go to work. Faro's just up the road though, been a couple of times.

Just the 5 nights. I'm just not keen on tourist resorts, I prefer being in cities laughing at locals having to go to work. Faro's just up the road though, been a couple of times.

The Old Town is quite nice. The strip is full of c***s. If you can find one, you need to try a Francesinha. Fuckin phenomenal food.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

Changing all the sockets and ceiling light in the living room. If I haven't blown myself up doing that then afterwards hanging a curtain pole. 

Sockets went great, ceiling light didn't happen yet, curtain pole a disaster but shall be remedied. One out of three ain't bad, as Meat Loaf did not say. 

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Whatever you do don't hire a car from Europcar at Faro Airport. I got completely ripped off there a couple of years ago. Had booked a Fiat 500 or similar which they didn't have and upgraded me to a VW Polo. Normally you get a free upgrade if they can't provide whatever you booked but in my case they doubled the price from the original quote and just helped themselves from my card details. Thieving b*****ds. I couldn't persuade Santander bank to reverse the payment either. 

• 4 weeks later...